MY New Sword

PoD

Got my new sword from Armour Class last week. Its their Schiavona Re-enactment With Shark Skin Grip but I had it modified with the blade from the hanger they sell put onto it instead of the broadsword blade it originally had.

sword1.jpg

sword2.jpg

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Very nice...congratulations...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Got my new sword from Armour Class last week. Its their Schiavona Re-enactment With Shark Skin Grip but I had it modified with the blade from the hanger they sell put onto it instead of the broadsword blade it originally had.

Ahh, great stuff!

By reenactment blade, do you mean that this is one with blunted edges and a rounded tip?

Love their work. I've got 3- an irish hilt backsword, a halfbasket mortuary, and a pikeman's hanger- all combat blunts. I'm waiting for them to come up with a cutlass that I like.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Ahh, great stuff!

By reenactment blade, do you mean that this is one with blunted edges and a rounded tip?

Love their work. I've got 3- an irish hilt backsword, a halfbasket mortuary, and a pikeman's hanger- all combat blunts. I'm waiting for them to come up with a cutlass that I like.

Hawkyns

yep its the blunted blade with the rounded tip. Just learning sword play so thought I'd better start blunt else i'd have my own leg off.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Nice blade!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Argh! Ye bastard! I've been drooling over Schiavonas for years! My particular favorite is the one used by Kate Beckinsale in Van Helsing (terribly film, but beautiful sword!). I've wanted one ever since I saw it. Not quite the same as this one, but this one is also really nice. Congrats on the wicked cool blade, mate!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Very fine!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.