Pyracy Pub-towne

LadyBarbossa

Now... always pondered about what a colonial town or city would be like with all of you! All of us living so close together (God and heaven help us all) in a colonial like town but with certain amenities (Those things we cannot simply live without and are necessary).

So...

If we had a colonial style town - say like Williamsburg, but a port town like Charleston - what would your business/career/trade be? What would your home look like? Would you be in town or outside of town?

Just have fun with this, mates! :unsure:

Me?

Well, my home would look much like the Kershaw-Cornwallis house (I've been in this house a few times, LOVE it)...

Kershaw_Cornwallis_house.jpg

My trade? Perhaps be one of the seamstresses at one of the local shops making attire. Obviously a Gentlewoman. Maybe teaching/instructing local young girls on how to be a proper Gentlewoman. Perhaps I have a small plantation on the edge of town growing hemp, tobacco, maybe some indigo.. if this is in a warmer climate, I'd have sugar!(Ye all know where that most likely 'll go!)

Perhaps I own a shipping vessel or two. The Resurrection would be the main ship:

Resurrectiontab3.jpg

If I had another, it most likely would be called the St. Elmo's Fire. If I could afford a third vessel, it would be called the Crimson Mourning.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very low-brow Tavern owner. I grew up near this place and have always loved it:

reynolds-tavern.jpg

Fine dining for the aristocrats upstairs:

Reynolds_Tavern_Annapolis_Maryland_22638.jpg

pubreynolds.jpg

The Ram's Head Pub in the basement for the common man:

1915299031493970f66d2c6.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Hmm..This would be mine

WentworthCooligeMansionPortsmouthNHHomes.jpg

More images of my lovely home

Wentworth_Coolidge_lg.jpg

benning.jpg

A little history..

This stunning Portsmouth historic antique home by the sea was once home to New Hampshires first Governor, Benning Wentworth, back in the mid-1700s. Called the Wentworth-Coolidge Home, it sits on the banks of Little Harbor, and is one of the most outstanding homes remaining of the colonial era.

This Portsmouth NH home is a beauty, and is open to the public for tours during the summer and early fall months. The grounds are gorgeous, overlooking Little Harbor, and full of old-fashioned lilacs.

As for what I would be doing…FloorCloths! I have found my calling at last.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

As you can see, I have no home. I would be one of the guys supplying Bo with all the hides he could handle and Bo would supply us with all the drink and lead we needed. I would be living on the fringes of society.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Gee, I dunno what I'd do. What is my skillset? (What to do...what to do...)

I do know that this would be my establishment:

treehouse_01.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hm... I think I would own a boarding house or something like it (probably not the right term).

Maybe something like this: 6a00d8341bff5053ef011570cd0e69970c-.jpg

And I would do everything I do now, cook, bake and sew for everyone. lol.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Oh, no question about it. A tavern with attached brothel. Isn't that the dream of all old soldiers?

439370500dexJSw_ph.jpg

This is actually a pub from the village next to the town where I was born. Best damn game pie and cider in the West Riding.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Well I suppose I could be a seamstress,

Or I could be a Pub owner,

Or I could be a wife of a fine gentleman,

Or I could be a pickpocket/small time thief living in luxury.

Or I could be just a 'working girl' in Hawkyns Tavern.

Now what do you all think I should be?

smilie_happy_251.gif

I'm with Mission. Kick-arse treehouse all the way!

But more likely I'd have a little place near the waterfront, well maintained, but fairly barren, because I'd spend as little time there as possible. Just somewhere to serve as a "base of operations," as it were, while most of the time I'd be out there exploring.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

2311034531_91198c3f39.jpg

Very content with a little home in town such as this, i want it very close to the waterfront/tavern/ordinary/brothel/ships......and behind an little garden, and a barn for woodworking/small boatbuilding..........and i want some of the neighbors to be jealous that a free black man can do so well.....dont hate the payer...hate the game,fictional haters........*cough*........but i digress...oh what a life it would be......if only.....WAIT..............*goes to the colonial williamsburg hiring page*

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Home

scuddingcirca1700.jpg

The neighborhood

ocean-storm.jpg

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Home

scuddingcirca1700.jpg

The neighborhood

ocean-storm.jpg

Aye! An I marks ye well! That be a place I be wantin' ta live. For after sleepin and stoppin ball in the racks, there be but one final use fer me hammock. Stich her tight and weight her well fer I as soon be ta Davy Jones than th Devil knows I'm fin out! No, when I slips me cable, I wish t' be livin aboard still! Dutch "X" his mark

Ships are cool and certainly a home for pirates, but the original premise that we were establishing a colonial town or village. I just thought I'd mention it before everyone starts posting pics of ships. ("Yes, we know that part, anything else?")

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well then.... lets me out...as I would not live in town...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Ah... I was thinking more along the lines of a plantation...outside of the city...plenty of land, peace and quiet...enough tracks for horse racing, oh and must not forget hunting...plenty of hunting...and riding...and some more hunting...

Crewe of the Archangel

I've been an artist all of my days, so if I lived ashore I'm quite certain that I would make a good an honest living as an artist/engraver. I would love to work in a print house and run an early newspaper and book printing business. I would print by day, spend my evenings at Pew's Pub and sleep in some eccentric house...

...like this.

CordouanGIR.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Wait..if I cannot live on my ship, then how come you get to live in ...that?? OI and come to think of it, how come Mission lives in a freakin tree??

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

Ships are cool and certainly a home for pirates, but the original premise that we were establishing a colonial town or village. I just thought I'd mention it before everyone starts posting pics of ships. ("Yes, we know that part, anything else?")

So, is the purpose of this thread to imagine what one would do as a real job in a proposed "Pyrate Williamsburg", a real-world, real-time home for wayward reenactors?

Or is it to speculate about what one would want to do in a town like Williamsburg/Charlotte during the (as an example) 1680-1720 period?

If it be the former, where shall we establish "St. Pyrateburg?"

Also, if it be the former, then a ship is not really out of the question: have ye not been to Schooner Wharf in Key West where the day-trip tall-ships reside? A day-trip pyrate sloop would not be unreasonable. Nor would a static ship such as the Bounty that resided in St. Petersburg for so many years without slipping its cable for years at a time.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...