Can Rum go bad?

LadyBarbossa

T'is custom in Newfoundland and as a matter of fact, just bad manners not to, that once a bottle of Screech (Newfie Rum+) is opened the cork is discarded. It would be like addressing an elder by anything other than "Uncle".

While on the subject of those who abide on the "Rock", though not about the GAoP these people of the Sea have quite an History. One of the great writings about them is "Gray Seas Under" by Farley Mowat. In the book "Lone Voyager" by Howard Blackburn, he is rescued by some Newfoundland Outporters and nursed back to life after his near death trial in a Dory in a blizzard on the Grand Banks. To say "that was then, what about now?" I'd say, ask the people who's plane was diverted to Gander, NFD after the Terror Attack on 9/11. The emergency resources were overwhelmed immediately with the shelter at the school gym so everyone in the town took home as many people as they could fit. One couple returning from their honeymoon in Paris said they would rather return to Gander to visit the Friends they made there. People who Gave until they had no more to give. That is the Spirit of the Newfoundlander. True followers of the Sea. With one hell of a sense of humor, I might add!

In closing I'd say "The Deamon Rum is to be punished!" Consume all you find and subject it to the acids and bile in your digestive system and with the total lack of care, pass it through your Bladders! Huzzah!