The March 4th -7th 2010,Sack of St. Augustine Captain Searle's Rai

Sgt Johnson

Hi There everybody..Great Pics!!!! thank you all for coming to this quaint little town with a battle/pirate problem...Fortunately it appears to be fixed again for this year..Hope to see you for the Pirate Gathering this year in November.....Thanks for the great company and stories...Regards to you all from THE wench

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this?

Untitled-C061.jpg

Why kind of glue are you using?

Untitled-C064.jpg

I just love feeding the pigeons...

Untitled-C067.jpg

Uh...Captain Searle...sir? You...uh, got a thing sticking through your helmet. Sir.

Untitled-C078.jpg

Nice shot of Callenish

Untitled-C089.jpg

Shay's teeth. Shay told me this very long story about her black teeth while she was getting dressed one day. It had something to do with swallowing one of them. It is a story that you will not read in the journal, mostly because I forgot it.

Untitled-C094.jpg

Doesn't this look like it needs a flashy movie title across it? Samuri and Son or One Wolf and Cub of Titanic 2

Untitled-C097.jpg

Red Jessi, Action Girl!...with little white hat thingy...

Untitled-D003.jpg

We meet...on the field of onion! (Anyone know the name of the guy in brown?)

Untitled-D051.jpg

Is that an African or European swallow?

Untitled-D076.jpg

I don't care what kind of swallow it is, it's going down!

Untitled-D079.jpg

Peaches. You know, I can't come up with a comment that's as good as the photo.

Untitled-D094.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ok, who are these two gentlemen and what crew are they with:

Saturday%20Encampment%20Wood%20Pile.jpg

I know this is Jeff's son and his girlfriend, but what are their names? (Particularly their character names if they have them.)

Saturday%20Encampment%20Jeffs%20Son%20%26%20Girlfriend.jpg

And who are those two? Whose kids are they?

Saturday%20Planning%20Session%20Prep.jpg

And these folks? Which crew are they with?

Saturday%20Planning%20Session%20Audience%202.jpg

I know this gentleman is the shop owner, but what's he and his wife's names? Are they with a crew? What's their shop called? Does it have a website?

Saturday%20Planning%20Session%20Audience%204.jpg

And I am truly embarrassed to admit it, but I forgot Jeff's wife's name, even though I used it about 20 times!

Someone please help! I've asked three people to help me out with this. I'm starting to feel like no one wants to tell me. :lol:

You ask who they are with...

"With" is a preposition -

a preposition is a word you don't end a sentence with. tongue.gif

Edited by D B Couper

D.B. Couper

I know this gentleman is the shop owner, but what's he and his wife's names? Are they with a crew? What's their shop called? Does it have a website?

Saturday%20Planning%20Session%20Audience%204.jpg

And I am truly embarrassed to admit it, but I forgot Jeff's wife's name, even though I used it about 20 times!

Someone please help! I've asked three people to help me out with this. I'm starting to feel like no one wants to tell me. :unsure:

The picture is of Art, he and his wife Janet run the sutlery (the smaller of the two present at Searle's). As much as I see them (about a handfull of times a year) I don't remember the name of their sutlery... And I am fairly certain they do not have a web site.

Jeff's wife is Melissa.

Arthur and Janet Malstein - the sutlery is "Lady Amie" (or maybe "Amee")

Mark

Ah, English. I like the neat words, but I hate the silly rules. So I usually don't follow them; I am a conscientious-word-rule-objector. I typically write as I speak, with the exception of rarely-used words. And the primary reason I don't use those in conversation is that they confuse people. (Say, I just started a sentence with 'And'! :unsure: And I'll do it again. And do it again. And again. (Yes, I threw my copy of Strunk and White away! :unsure: ))

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, English. I like the neat words, but I hate the silly rules. So I usually don't follow them; I am a conscientious-word-rule-objector. I typically write as I speak, with the exception of rarely-used words. And the primary reason I don't use those in conversation is that they confuse people. (Say, I just started a sentence with 'And'! :unsure: And I'll do it again. And do it again. And again. (Yes, I threw my copy of Strunk and White away! :unsure: ))

Which is not unlike anything you have never said before. blink.gif

D.B. Couper

In fact, it is one of the first things I say on my webpage: http://www.markck.com

:unsure:

(You know, I've hardly changed the description pane on that page since I first started building the site in 1998...jeez, has it been that long? Now the site is a monster like V'ger...)

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused. What is this girl's first name or character name?

Willie says it's Gretchen, but Michael Browning tells me this is Gretchen:

Untitled-C061.jpg

They both show up in the Journal enough to at least merit a first name if I can get it.

While I'm asking, does anyone know these folk's names:

Untitled-C013.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm confused. What is this girl's first name or character name?

I'm quite certain that the above image is Gretchen.

Willie says it's Gretchen, but Michael Browning tells me this is Gretchen:

Untitled-C061.jpg

They both show up in the Journal enough to at least merit a first name if I can get it.

I can't quite recall this young lady's name, but I seem to recall that it wasn't Gretchen, and I think she may have been Sgt. Johnson's oldest son's friend (girlfriend?).

Michael_banner.jpg

There were three teenaged girls with dark hair. While I do not know her name (and have given up hope of learning it), I'm pretty sure that this is Alex's girlfriend:

Saturday%20Encampment%20Lunch%202.jpg

There are a surprising number of people in the Searle's photos whose names I don't know. I don't feel too badly about this because no one else seems to know them either. (In fact, it's become a sort of running gag in the commentary...)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks, Callenish! Bummer that no one knows the second girl's name. I put a whole series of pics with her in them in the Journal... :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

I actually just asked Jill-Handed Red. She's very gregarious so I suspect she may know.

Mission_banner5.JPG