The March 4th -7th 2010,Sack of St. Augustine Captain Searle's Rai

Sgt Johnson

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... after I finish the case, and then ship my doglock and gear, (I'll e-mail Sgt. Johnson with alla the shipping information this afternoon) Finish a pizza box and add toes to the "Wild Thing" mascot, then make a case for my laptop, clipboard, pens and drawing stuff...WaRsh a load of cloths, and pack everything for Vegas... "whew..." This is going to be one fun filled action packed week....Then after Vegas, I get to go play Buccaneer... YAY.... :angry:

Well I shipped everything... $105.15... ouch, but I can carry some of the gear with me when I return on the plane, so shipping everything back wont cost as much....

That's why I didn't want to ship my medical stuff down to the fort for PiP this year - it cost me $65 one way in 2008. (Fortunately Michael brought it down. Unfortunately, after all that trouble, I hardly used it.) I'm just going to bring a few things to this event. Probably bandages, my bone saw, a couple of forceps and maybe the small syringe. (The big one stays at home as this seems to be a more serious event.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

All right, starting to get excited now (or just tired) spent most of the day going through me camp stuff ,bottles, spoons and the usual things to make the weekend enjoyable

its a busy week,tuesday load the truck, pepper jelly and hot sauce for farmers market on wednesday then unload and load back up thursday for searles

so far the weather is looking good mid to upper 30s at night and mid 60s during the day but that WILL CHANGE and at night we should get the last half of the full moon

so all you folks up north get out of the snow and come on down .

another great event in sunny FLA

All right, starting to get excited now

Hey... I leave for Vegas (work) tommarow, then go to Searle's....

I've been to Vegas a buncha times, so it's no longer a big deal....But Searle's should be fun......

All right, starting to get excited now (or just tired) spent most of the day going through me camp stuff ,bottles, spoons and the usual things to make the weekend enjoyable

its a busy week,tuesday load the truck, pepper jelly and hot sauce for farmers market on wednesday then unload and load back up thursday for searles

so far the weather is looking good mid to upper 30s at night and mid 60s during the day but that WILL CHANGE and at night we should get the last half of the full moon

so all you folks up north get out of the snow and come on down .

another great event in sunny FLA

Where did I put my empty Wobble Bottle.............. :)

Banner.jpg

It's in the 30s at night. :o:lol:

Two south Floridian words: Arctic. Tundra. Someone better bring her long underwear.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

grumble.... it's not funny.... we Floridians freeze much easier than you cold blooded and possibly cold hearted northerners :P

It's in the 30s at night. :lol::P

Two south Floridian words: Arctic. Tundra. Someone better bring her long underwear.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

It's extraordinarily funny.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm coming out for the day Saturday. Can't wait to see you all again. :) I'll be bringing the spawn, and possibly bringing my parents out, too, to finally see what the hobby is all about. I expect you all to be on your best worst behavior! :lol:

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

wooohooo!!! sooo close!! Took apart the baker's tent @ Diosa's earlier today...Bootleg's cleaning the guns now...been a while since he got to play =) yippee!! Can't wait to see eberybody again!!

...and a parka and heated gloves and long red underwear like in the cartoons.

Me, I'm staying in a hotel. :blink:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well, it was a great weekend! It was so wonderful seeing everyone. I wish those of you traveling back today and tomorrow safe travels and that we'll meet again soon!

As for the cold, a fleece blankie and I was just fine :)

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

My thanks to Sgt. Johnson, his lovely and talented wife, and all those who put in so much time and effort to carry off a top-notch event! And my admiration to all those who travelled vast distances to be there. I used to think nothing of driving 12 hours to an event, but now the two hours to St. Augustine seem like a Yawning Gulf.

Ah, to be young again!

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

Salty and I arrived home safe and sound around 4 AM We had to make a couple of pit stops ...Jeff and Melissa and every one with Searle's That made the event so much fun thank you so much. We had a great time ....still can't figure out where that bottle of Port went??? ;) ;) ;)