New man(?) on our crew !

Capt Thighbiter

The Brigands welcome One-eyed Max Parrot to the crew of Hellion. Aye, some say he be bird-brained, but we argh hoping that he can show us how to shape up and..... fly right!

max.JPG

One-eyed Max is an Amazon Yellow Wing BeeBee parrot ( Brotogeris), now 7-1/2 months old. A true pirate souled parrot, all the broto's are known for their boldness, persistence and being totally fearless. Max lives up to that, often bullying around our Jack Russels. And he is all of 8" long. Likes people too, another Broto trait, seeking peoples touch and company.

Right now, he gives a wolf whistle and we are teaching him a bit of Beethoven. And training him to perch on a microphone stand!

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

I look forward to meeting this new addition. I'm sure he will add a great deal of charm... :-)

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Aye, an if'n ye be smart pirates ye'll do what me an' me partner 'ave done with our parrots is ta teach 'em ta talk like pirates!

We 'ave a Senegal, Gilligan - Senegal

Moustached Parakeet, Corky - Moustached Parakeet

Our birds can say:

Ahoy matey

Pieces of eight

abandon ship

shiver me timbers

scurvy cat/bird

and a few others I can't think o' off hand.

Plus the usual wolf whistles, I love you, meow,and the hardest line that took the longest fer both o' 'em, 'Tastes like chicken!

bird-vi.gif

Rumba, we are just startin to teach him things. Brotogeris are not known for extensive word vocabulary, but manage whistles quite well. Do you ever bring them to events? That seems like it will be hard to break him into. And I dont want to stress the little guy out

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Yes we do bring both birds to events providing the weather is good and we're not tied up with other things.

We have small travel cages- about the size of a parakeet/finch cages we use as it's easier to put into the car.

Make sure the bird's wings are clipped!

Don't let the bird out of the cage right away at an event. Take him to a few and let him get use to the people/sights/sounds.

Then little by little let him out and take him around the site. DO NOT LET PEOPLE HANDLE THE BIRD! You don't know where their hands have been (birds are susceptable to many diseases via human contact- always wash your hands before and after handling a bird) and the fact the bird might actually bite someone could be a nasty situation for you.

Our bird Gilligan doesn't have a beak, he has a 'can opener' so we always tell people, especially kids not to touch him unless we know the person and can instruct them how to pet the bird.

Gilligan will bow his head when he wants to have his head scratched, but anywhere else on his body one could get some bloody fingers.

Hope this information will be helpful to you.

Rumba

P.S. Our other bird, Corky is just an absolute sweetheart! The friendliest bird I've ever had. It really depends on the bird's attitude on whether or not other people can handle the animal.