Free tune from our upcoming CD

The Brigands will be releasing our 5th CD, "Inner Buccaneer" later this Winter, but we would like to have all our friends here on Pyracy get an early taste. The link allows you to listen to a tune we call

The Trunnion Reel. Enjoy!

The Trunnion Reel from The Brigands

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

The power of music is amazing - first of all, that was extremely well done, mates, and I beg ye to keep me infomred of the arrival date of that CD! But, what prompted me to write this note was the fact that, sitting here in my small office, listening to the harmony between the fiddles, I was transported back to the summer of 1998 and Gettysburg, Pennsylvannia. I was there with 26,999 of my close friends and we were commemorating the 135th anniversary of the great battle there by reenacting the event.

One evening, the unit I was in welcomed some "wandering minstrels" into our camp - two guitar players, two fiddlers, a dummer and a spoons player. They put on a show for us for two hours that had us all singing and cheering before the night was over. And there, in the midst of those thousands of soldiers in their 99% authoentic camps, with the period music playing and the fires burning and all of us in our impressions, I had one of those "reenactor moments." If you've ever reenacted, you know what I mean - your eyes blur a bit and suddenly you are back in time, getting as close as it is possible to feeling what they felt back then, seeing what they saw, experiencing what they experienced, and, in our case, hearing what they heard. It was truly a magical moment.

Thanks for letting me relive it. And please do let me know when the CD comes out!

Blackbead

AKA Stephen Sanders

Private, Co D

1st Regiment of Infantry (US)

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I have to say I was having a sort of blue day today and I opened the link and wanted to get up and dance. Thanks, I love it and I too will look for the CD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Thanks for the comments everyone. We are glad you enjoyed it. We always strive to get that extra bit of 'feel' into our music. If the song or tune doesn't move us in some way, we don't do it!

The tune will remain up a few more days, until we hit our 20,000 th visitor ( now at 19,641).

Look for a release notice sometime in March, right here on the Pyracy Pub.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands