Heads Up West Coast Airship Pirates!

Ransom

Just got this notice today from the Fans of Abney Park on Facebook. They will be playing at the Bad Faeries/Steampunk masked ball on Saturday night, Jan. 31st. in Eugene, Oregon!

Here is a link to the Faeryworld site, and more information. Hang out on the site for a while, look at the pictures. You'll get to hear Abney Park singing Airship Pirates.

Faeryworld Winter Festival

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Saw em at the Queen Mary event last year..They put on quite the show..Definatley alternative to what I used to go out to see like Ozzy, Scorpions, rush ect ~

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Just got my on-line tickets! Now I have to find a place in Eugene for us to spend the night. This is just going to be soooo kewl! Abney Park, dancing, costumes...woo hoo! ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

• 1 month later...

Hey Ransom....

So you got your tickets, and then never posted anything about the show... :rolleyes:

Of course, I haven't been doing to much with Airship Pyrate stuff... wot with getting ready for PiP, the Holidays, and getting ready for Searle's Raid... I kinda started a new ray-gun (more post on that latter)... but I figure after Searle's, I should start posting more Steamy stuff...

Yeah, I probably should have done a follow up here. I posted about five pages of photos in my Facebook gallery, because it's so much easier to post pics there than it is here. Ya need to get on FB Patrick!! :rolleyes: (BTW, it's easy and free)

The event was a blast, and all the people involved were super nice, from the organizers, merchants, performers, etc. Just a neat group of people. Abney Park was outstanding, and what a great group of guys/girls. They hung out before their concert, signing CDs and letting people get there picture taken with them — with no "Oh crap, the stuff I have to do to sell CDs" attitude. They were laughing and joking around. Then they put on a wonderful show. Aferwards, they hung out again, while Beats Antique played. We left at around midnight, and Abney Park was still there selling & signing CDs. As it turned out, Robert, the lead singer, had a room in the same hotel as us, and was about two doors down.

It was this event, and the friendly community, that made Chain Shot decide that we would head to Seattle for SteamCon in November. Also, Faerieworld is holding a three day event in Eugene, OR in August, where you can camp if you want. Steamers more than welcome. They will be bringing in bands from Europe along with local groups. We may go up for a day and check it out. If you go to the Faerieworld site, they are already posting information.

And yeah, Patrick, ye need to fire up the ol' Columbia's Revenge. People at the faerie market kept asking what ship we were from (we went as airship pyrates), and we'd tell them CR, and they all thought it was a kewl name. :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 3 months later...
And yeah, Patrick, ye need to fire up the ol' Columbia's Revenge. People at the faerie market kept asking what ship we were from (we went as airship pyrates), and we'd tell them CR, and they all thought it was a kewl name.

This should go in another thread.... (the one about Second Life)

But I'm back working on it... ;)

I'll post a picture in the proper thread (the Second Life one) when I'm finished building it... (In 3D no less....)

OK back on topic.... So you an Chain Shot are going to SteamCon in November ?