iPhone, Blackberry & Smart Phone Problems

iPirate

• 4 months later...

Is this the version you're running?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ip-board-communities/id372597645?mt=8

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Invision Power Services, Inc. is pleased to announce the update of our iPhone and iPad app is now available!

You can download the update to our iPhone / iPad app in the Apple App Store. This update fixes bugs reported in previous versions. Please be sure to let us know if you experience any issues.

About the iPhone and iPad app for IP.Board

Our iOS app for IP.Board allows you and your members to easily login, browse, and post to your IP.Board community anywhere they are. The app remembers their login, has quick links to often used features, and allows your members to upload images to IP.Gallery, and even has Push notifications for new activity to encourage your members to come back to your community.

The app is free for anyone to download from the App Store and members can add the logins to all the various IP.Board-powered communities they visit to easily browse and keep up with all their conversations. Push notification service requires an active IP.Board license.

Future Improvements

This release only contains bug fixes as we wanted to get things working better before getting into new features. Upcoming improvements in the mobile space include further improvements to our iOS app, Android app, and white-label services. Here is a quick overview:

iOS

We will be further improving the stability and speed of the app. Future versions of IP.Board will also add support for other areas like IP.Gallery and IP.Blog viewing and posting blog entries on your mobile device. The iPad experience is also a big area of focus as everyone with an iPad knows how fun it is browsing communities.

Android

We know it's been promised for some time but work on the Android app is now in progress. We hope to have an update on this before IP.Board 3.2 is released!

White-label Service

We are happy to be able to announce that the white-label service is now available for our mobile apps. This service will allow you to create a privately branded version of our apps exclusively for use on your community. Please be sure to read our site for full details!

• 2 weeks later...

i have an account through at&t. i have a multimedia package on it. normaly i can view typical sites on the web and navihgate in them but i think my phone is deffinetly smart(smart assed) not iphone. i am have no luck entering the chat room and i deffinetly can not post any thing. once i try to log in it initially says log in successful and then kicks me out due to some error. Is this just a problem with my phone? does anyone else run in to the same thing?

Bosun Red

I tried an Android tablet. The native browser had problems responding. It has a virtual keyboard and it did not recognize the text area as being editable so it did not bring up the keyboard. I did get it to work with the Opera browser.

i have an account through at&t. i have a multimedia package on it. normaly i can view typical sites on the web and navihgate in them but i think my phone is deffinetly smart(smart assed) not iphone. i am have no luck entering the chat room and i deffinetly can not post any thing. once i try to log in it initially says log in successful and then kicks me out due to some error. Is this just a problem with my phone? does anyone else run in to the same thing?

Bosun Red,

If you can give me a bit more information, model of your phone, specific error message, any error message number - I can then use that to figure out\try to track down the problem. It's either some offending bits of software or I may not have something set correctly.

I tried an Android tablet. The native browser had problems responding. It has a virtual keyboard and it did not recognize the text area as being editable so it did not bring up the keyboard. I did get it to work with the Opera browser.

Mark,

Just to confirm - the native Android tablet's browser doesn't like the Pub, but doesn't mind it so much if you use the Opera browser.

. . . But doesn't Opera still have to make use the tablet's virtual keyboard?

Or is it just application specific - works with Opera but not with it's native browser? (as it relates to navigating the Pub of course)

Bosun Red,

If you can give me a bit more information, model of your phone, specific error message, any error message number - I can then use that to figure out\try to track down the problem. It's either some offending bits of software or I may not have something set correctly.

Mark,

Just to confirm - the native Android tablet's browser doesn't like the Pub, but doesn't mind it so much if you use the Opera browser.

. . . But doesn't Opera still have to make use the tablet's virtual keyboard?

Or is it just application specific - works with Opera but not with it's native browser? (as it relates to navigating the Pub of course)

For whatever reason, the virtual keyboard comes up with Opera but not the native (web kit) browser.

For whatever reason, the virtual keyboard comes up with Opera but not the native (web kit) browser.

Thanks Shipmate!

The more armed I am with information and understanding the problem, the better the likelihood of getting it fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

Oi Mark, Give it another try. I just updated the Pub's Software - I'm hoping that it's taken care of this.