Pyrate vs Pyrate

madPete

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the guise of generating discussion for PIP 2010...

Just thought we could begin with the debate over the top 10 items fer yer kit!

Top10_002.jpg

The clyster isn't a weapon! It's a tool of mercy! I am in the process of putting together a page for my web site to explain this poor, misunderstood-by-the-PiP '09-Pirate-Re-enactors instrument. I'll post it later this week.

(Ok, where are the next ones? :P )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The clyster isn't a weapon! It's a tool of mercy!

A tool of "Mercy?" All depends on who is wielding said tool....and their bed side manner....And perhaps tis not a true weapon in the sense but I would wager more pirates turn and run at the sight of one clyster than a well aimed broadside.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Actually, some merchant seamen would not sail on a ship (when there were enough jobs to be had for them to chose) if the owners hadn't hired a surgeon for the ship. The ship's surgeon was more of a creature of the crew than the owners.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

sniggering...these are always great! Keep em coming.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Are those holes in the white pirate's socks? :D (I wear nice nice socks...even if they are constantly falling down...)

Mission_banner5.JPG

You forgot Stynky Tudor - the man, the myth and the legend. (That's 2% man, 3% legend and 95% myth for those of you keeping score at home.)

Oh! Do Shay! Do Shay! :P:lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

You forgot Stynky Tudor - the man, the myth and the legend. (That's 2% man, 3% legend and 95% myth for those of you keeping score at home.)

Oh! Do Shay! Do Shay! :P:lol:

oooh, that sounds like full creative license! :P

boy are YOU gonna be in trouble...

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Mark Gist and Lob won't be there. I don't know if Ivan Henry is attending either...he was leaning towards 'not' when I last talked with him.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Mark Gist and Lob won't be there. I don't know if Ivan Henry is attending either...he was leaning towards 'not' when I last talked with him.

Ya know, we could send Lob with you Mission... :D

And you are correct, Mark Gist will not be there.

Another great edition of Pyrate vs. Pirate madPete!

Michael_banner.jpg

sorry if I implied these folks were gonna be in attendance, it's just a cartoon ... sheeesh.. just call me Stynky. :D

OdorlessEye won't be there either.

More to come - still need to finish top ten items fer yer PIP kit. oh... and some more reasons to attend Fort Taylor Pirate Festival.

Also working on some HOT leather items with Mercury logos fer the auction -

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

;) I am more of an observer than a participant in the Lob saga. Shay might be able to do something with him, though. You could put him in the diplomatic bag and send him up here though. (That will make sense when I publish the next journal...I should have it done by tomorrow.)

sorry if I implied these folks were gonna be in attendance, it's just a cartoon ... sheeesh.. just call me Stynky. ;)

Oh! For the record, I really wasn't criticizing, I was just noting.

Mission_banner5.JPG

;) I am more of an observer than a participant in the Lob saga. Shay might be able to do something with him, though. You could put him in the diplomatic bag and send him up here though. (That will make sense when I publish the next journal...I should have it done by tomorrow.)

Lob in a diplomatic bag, fer how long? I don't want to be around when he gets out ;)

sorry if I implied these folks were gonna be in attendance, it's just a cartoon ... sheeesh.. just call me Stynky. ;)

Oh! For the record, I really wasn't criticizing, I was just noting.

you should know by now... I will try to twist anything into funny ;)

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Hmmm...TMI on the last. B) It's amazing that you were actually able to come up with 10 of them. B)

Everyone will be relieved to learn that Lob will be going to PiP...he'll be traveling in the diplomatic bag...again. :unsure:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hmmm...TMI on the last. B) It's amazing that you were actually able to come up with 10 of them. B)

Everyone will be relieved to learn that Lob will be going to PiP...he'll be traveling in the diplomatic bag...again. :unsure:

Hey all ya have to do is read the journal - it is full of raw material:P

and whatever ya do ... don't let the monkey out of the bag (so to speak)

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!