wind that stirs

PrincipessaMarley

this is more related to the ocean than anything piratical but here goes, this one is something i wrote a few years ago.

The wind causes the dancing of flowers, the rhythm of waves

The wind causes the toughness of the storm

What causes the wind?

What causes the summer breeze that tosses my tresses

like the dark, curving currents of the ocean in the moonless night?

The tribulations of Mother Earth?

or the combined whines and pleas of the distressed human race

who despair at the closed, bigoted minds of our peers,

members of our tainted society.

Is every complaint a waste of breath?

Is every breath a waste of energy?

Or is it the cause of the wind that stirs us?

Edited by PrincipessaMarley

This brings to mind the many Celtic songs that refer to the "wind that shakes the barley" and how that wind brings change to lives. The idea that our live's own breath creates that wind is an interesting bend to the subject. Much to ponder. <BR> In my years as a Delivery Captain and early on as crew, I depended on the wind for the sooner I got "there", the sooner the next job. The wind was not concerned with this and had her own way and some times, just didn't show up. When I made my first Trade Wind Sail, I was spoiled! From that point I began to move poower boats for the reliability. You would still have to concider the weather just not wind direction.<BR> Keep it coming! Capn'rob

This brings to mind the many Celtic songs that refer to the "wind that shakes the barley" and how that wind brings change to lives. The idea that our live's own breath creates that wind is an interesting bend to the subject. Much to ponder. <BR> In my years as a Delivery Captain and early on as crew, I depended on the wind for the sooner I got "there", the sooner the next job. The wind was not concerned with this and had her own way and some times, just didn't show up. When I made my first Trade Wind Sail, I was spoiled! From that point I began to move poower boats for the reliability. You would still have to concider the weather just not wind direction.<BR> Keep it coming! Capn'rob

Thank you! :D

• 5 months later...