Blue Matching Breeches

Jack Roberts

Well after the waistcoat that I just finished I found myself with extra wool left over. So I decided last night to whip up and a pair of breeches. At the request of Mr. Cross I'll post some pictures of said breeches. Still a work in progress I need to cut and finish the bottoms and sew all the buttonholes on.

So enjoy!

DSCN2808.JPG

DSCN2809.JPG

DSCN2811.JPG

DSCN2812.JPG

DSCN2813.JPG

DSCN2810.JPG

Why do I foresee a fine frockcoat to top these off, in a lovely camel tan or maroon Melton wool? A great coat of black Melton lined with a nice dove grey worsted for winter wear in these northern climes would set you in fine stead

Edited by callenish gunner

mr. cross is envious sir.........they'll look just smashing when their done.....what you using for buttons? anything fancy and time consuming??............this also reminds me(as well as the unnaturally cold temperatures in Virginia tonight low of 27 degrees) that i need wool breeches....*sigh........ Good work as always master roberts!

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

LMAO! Somethin' tells me dutchie is rather perturbed and jealous. ^_^ Or somethin' else. :::Pats Dutch on the back::: Tis ok, m' good man. Roberts... well, he's a rare dime o' dozen o' men who can sew right damn good.

Right fine breeches there, Roberts. They do look warm.

Aye, Cross... somethin' warm like that would be nice. Tis almost 10 below zero here with wind chills nigh 30 below. So, th' wool would come in right handy! If th' temps keep up like this, those attendin' RF6 'll need those types warm o' breeches!

BTW, Roberts... we look forward t' seein' a picture of ye in both th' weskit AND th' breeches once they be finished. Aye? Promise?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well Done sir!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Niiicce! :) I bet th' Wifey was droolin'. :o Ye look right sharp there, Mr Roberts. Bravo!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I need some instruction on hand sewing..

I was thinking about that.... Kass's post.... well it just kinda died....

running stitch.. whip stitch.... and wot the heck is "pricky stitch" (I'm guessing it's wot I call hidden running stitch)

Anyway... we have a "dead" stickied topic.... gotta ask Stynky bout that... open it up so we can explain how to sew....

There is always The Lady's Guide to Plain Sewing

http://www.amazon.com/Ladys-Guide-Plain-Sewing-Book/dp/B0029YO9MA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1263762001&sr=8-2

Edited by LadyBrower

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Crap if I wasn't at work I could set some pics up on a new thread.

Maybe if I can find time after. Lemme see. We want guides on;

Prick Stitch

Whip Stitch

Buttonhole Stitch. (Although that one was talked about but the thread is buried.)

Tailors Stitch (I just learned this one from Sterling.)

Now we could do some on the other basic stitches. Like a running stitch and back stitch but it seems those are easily found upon the interwebs. I can work on some of those if we want to.

Hey Liam you can check here. I like the 1930's guide.

Vintage Sewing