Oh say it isn't so!

Silkie McDonough

Story at Irish Central

"A fire broke out at the Guinness factory in Dublin shortly after noon local time. Over nine fire brigades and three rigs with aerial ladder platforms were able to contain the blaze before it spread to the ammonia plant at the site.

An official from Guinness was able to confirm that no one was hurt in the incident.

“There were no injuries to any personnel and the fire has been extinguished,” the spokeswoman said.

“An internal investigation is under way to find out exactly what the cause of the accident was.”

The fire broke out near the Victoria Quay entry to the factory, and locals in the area are being advised to keep their windows closed due to the amount of smoke in the air.

The blaze is believed to have started when felt on a roof that was being repaired by workmen caught on fire"

By

KENNETH HAYNES, IrishCentral.com Staff Writer

This is the REAL NEWS!

"Whew! -- Guinness says production not damaged by fire

Good news on the Guinness front. The brewery is now reassuring their customers that production of Guinness was not hampered by the fire in Dublin today at their headquarters --whew!

Interesting that is the second line on their press release after they stated how the fire happened. It shows you the priority of how people are thinking I guess.

My goodness - no Guinness--now that would be a catastrophe."

by Niall O'Dowd, Niall, IrishCentral's publisher, is a believer and expert in all things Irish and Irish-American.

In commemoration of this sorrowful occasion, I will be wearing, I mean drinking, "black" for the remainder of this year. And the next. And the one after that. And so long as I live.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

MY GOODNESS, MY GUINESS

ifit comes nesecsarry to.. :blink: ...ration out my Guiness.. :blink: ...then i will volunteer to cut my guiness with Bass Ale...to equal portions..one on top the other...just to get thru these hard times...and til it is deemed safe to venture back to pure Guiney :huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Sometimes I'm glad I had to change my drynking habits ....found out that I can afford an American Porter which I like almost as much. Yuengling Porter still made only in Pottsville, PA (not their Black & Tan that is pure crap) ...Served Cellar cool about 55 degrees and always poured out never from the bottle or on draught. It's a bitch having to live on a pension:(

I'll disagree withthe youtube designation of best beer commercial. The best beer commercial was the one Guinness ran during the New York St. Patrick's Day Parade. The commercial featured a 20 something male dressed in pjs with feet running into his roomates bedroom and jumping up and down on the bed yelling "It's St. Patrick's Day! It's St. Patrick's Day!" They both run down a staircase decorated with green tinsel and into a lving room that case of Guinness formed into a Christmas Tree.