Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

Hey guys Wenchfreely here, Glad to see you are still tryin to head our way. The info on the Fort DeChartres site as far as calender of events is for last year. This is the 40th. We do have a shoot every year but the dates are not correct. And I'm not sure the events will be the same. We do have live shoots with our arms as well as cannons.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to Ya!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early set up will start Sat morning May 29th. Some people setup and stay the whole week. You can set up any time during that week. The 40th annual Fort De Chartres Rendezvous begins with raising of the colors on Sat June 5th. No one will be able to drive in after that time. And depending on how the weather behaves we may have to pack in anyway. I can see if Darryl has a new line up of events yet-if so I will get a hold of it and post.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to Ya!

Thank you very much, and please keep us in the loop. While the calendar of events did say it was the 40th anniversary, it sighted that the information was to be found at the left of the screen, so I assumed that the date was incorrect on the button. We will watch for updates.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Whats say we , we get a "serious considering attending" roster going so that we can start coordinating with Darrell D. area needed for camp and number of the brethern ? who knows we may end up out numbering the French !

COUNT ME IN

Capt J

My Lass

Yo Ho.......

william, i do hope it is more than just you... we have to thank tracy (??) personally for the flag... so she has to come !! pick up bo on your in... we now have our new tent... got a fairly good deal on it... so as of right now, we have two wall tents, and i want to get a wedge tent for the older kids... so we do have room to spare for those who are tentless...

the smaller wall tent may go up for sale during the event... it is a nice size, the kids and i can set it up with no problem... the larger tent may take two adults, tho... so i may keep the smaller one or sell it ... don't know yet...

the local people i know that attend the fort have commitments to other camps, yet may join us on occasion ... one night has been set aside for "chicago hot dog night" ... not pc, but had been decided upon by me and some "locals"...

dang i'm rambling... sailor jerry's rum and dr. pepper !!

Silas,

Good to hear that you added a huge tent....sounds like your going to have your own village there..... may need extra room for entertaining the British and the French ......for all who are wondering about FDC there are some videos on youtube . I will be callin Darrell D. (with the Fort) this weekend to give him more of a heads up........when I get more info I will give you a call maybe we can discuss over some Rhum.

Fair Winds,

Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

I won't be able to make it, too much farm-work coming up this year, and we are training horses, so now that my knee is healing up, I will be helping put saddle time on the greenies. I still have my bell wedge and we gat a 12X12 monster wedge that we haven't even used yet, maybe I could send them for use by those who are travelling long and light?

• 3 weeks later...

Bretheren...

I recieved info from the FDC director today......I conveyed that info on to Quartermaster William.... the FDC folks are excited about us being there and partaking in some of the events..... Tug of war events (hope no mud pits) ....shooting competitions. against the French, British, Indians and Settlers........skirmishes/raids...possible sword fight demo's....trials and prisoner taking.......also they provide the wood and water for camping.......rules and regs are on their web site ft.dechartres.com.... big event.....can camp as early as the Saturday before and leave the next Monday.....

Fair Winds

Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

We're down to months, and soon, weeks. Time to start planning new kit and camp. Get those patterns and get cutting!

I'm almost completed my queue of projects for other folks... And then it is all stuff for me and the wife for the summer. Including a couple of nice added touches to the pirate gear for this one (well for the Santa Maria event the month before, but Fort Des Chartres will see the new touches as well).

Silas, we can run through some basics of stage sword play at the Santa Maria, maybe if we are lucky M.A.d'Dogge will be there as well so we can try to keep the psuedo-standard going to make it easier for the various crews to work together. I know what he does is very similar to how I was trained, I think the difference is mostly in the order of the basic moves (well that and I am more used to close-in fighting, and they go the safer fighting at a distance route).

Michael_banner.jpg

There you go Silas...on the spot sword fighting school........

i would think that one lesson won't make me a competent sword fighter... neither would anyone on the other end of the sword !! safety is stressed and i think others would want alot more practise from me !!

There you go Silas...on the spot sword fighting school........

i would think that one lesson won't make me a competent sword fighter... neither would anyone on the other end of the sword !! safety is stressed and i think others would want alot more practise from me !!

Well you've got the correct attitude on the matter, safety is first... But I think you seriously underestimate how much training can be crammed into a weekend. <_<

Now with everything else that goes on that weekend, there is no way to do an intensive program, but I am sure we can get you well on the road. And if we teach you and one of your older sons, you'll have your own in-house training partner. :blink:

Michael_banner.jpg

Grrr.. ye all be makin' m' whimper wishin' I was attendin' this event! Alas, I shan't... I have a commitment to Port Washington. Wish this event was on another weekend. Blast it!

I'd be right up there with ye, Silas, on th' prisoner takin' and sword demos. I'm a bit rusty since it's been nigh two years since last I did some serious swordfighting (thanks to the Brotherhood of Steel for the training).

Only way I'd attend the Fort event is if Port Washington cancelled. Perhaps next year, mates.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

COFFEE POT !!! who is coming that has a coffee pot ???

Uhm, I have one.... ;) .. But it is small..... ;) ... Liek really small... :D .... Like it would only make enough for three or four good size mugs of coffee.... ;) .... I don't know if anyone coming has the Callenish size coffee pot or not, but I hope so! ;)

Michael_banner.jpg