Top 10 Reasons to Go To PiP '10

Mission

10. To view the processing millipedes, flesh-eating caterpillars and Mae-eating snakes in their natural habitat.

9. To encounter a 20 body pile-up on the battlefield after the cannon crew gets bored with standing around because they can no longer fire their cannon. “Let’s all go play dead so we don’t have to process into the fort! Yay!”

8. To actually be able to stand out on Duvall (one of the most bizarre streets in the world) to the point that people ask you if you’ll pose for a picture with them and maybe buy you a drink for your trouble.

7. To go to Cafe Solé so's you can eat the best food in the world (IMHO) while hanging with the best people in the world and maybe, just maybe, meet the nicest owner in the world. (That's four times I've gotten free port from that guy. Anyone like that must be strong in the Force.)

6. To meet (or re-meet) all the cool people who are there like the girl two months from Thaiwan, the quiet interesting guy from Arizona, the guy from California who can actually keep up with Patrick Hand when he's drinking, the charming woman who drives a thousand miles with her husband in a Mini-Cooper packed until canvas is leaking out of the window cracks, the stalwart captain who stands valiantly (and perhaps a bit, just a trifle, foolishly) into the eye of the storm, shaking his fist and testing the waterproofability of his beaverskin hat, the petite woman who sings and plays songs she wrote on her little keyboard just as capably as she holds a ginormous gun, the frantic red-haired bundle of activity who's trying to hold down the fort (heh), the best (and most subtly devious) Quartermaster and cross seller you'll ever meet, the fascinating guy who thinks he's a kamakazi on a bike, the short, once-blonde woman who could get you lost going to pick up groceries because she drives around road-blocks, the lanky, guitar-playing guy who can switch his shop to “Auto-vendor”, the loopy antics of folks from the Archangel camp, the charm that is a small, period, Hamish-shaped bundle and...I could just keep going on forever here. Come down and get your own list of amazing people to natter on about.

5. So you can spend a few hours sitting at the gate in the middle of the night after being awake for untold hours, wondering if it was all that caffeine, the hard slats of the wooden chair or the fact that your partner has decided to hike up her dress a little in the warmth of the night that's making you squirm so.

4. To have an event to look forward to all year. So much so that you forget about Christmas. (It’s better than Christmas.)

3. To watch Stynky of the “Stynky and Josh” show in action. (That poor boy will come to no good end if he keeps hanging around with Stynky. Believe me, I know.)

2. To sit under period-looking canvas in a sprawled out period-looking site, surrounded by period-acting people, wearing period clothing and enjoying the cooling breeze coming off the ocean in 80+ degree heat and sun…in December!

1. To create your own fantastic memories, fueled by a brain deprived of sleep and a mix of people who are second to none.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mae-eating snakes

Mae was eating snakes ?

No, no no! There's a dash in there. They were snakes that were going to eat Mae when she decided to trespass in their territory! I tried to get a photo of one of them but it didn't come out.

"Lethal! Lethal, these snakes. Born killers!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

wow brother... you hit some really good points!!

Ok how about these:

1: you might have a ghost encounter in the fort

2. you might get eaten by sharks in the water or caterpillars on the land!

3. with the success of the sunday battle, anything that comes next will only get better!!

4. you get to enjoy weather that can be an adventure itself! To go from crazy typhoon winds and sideways falling rain, to perfect summer weather!!

5. Sure I love spending time with my family at home... But I will also agree that this is better than Christmas! Because anything can happen! And you're there with the very best of people!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

It's the same every year. We all have a great time at PiP and come home all jazzed to do it again and then...we get three months of winter. *Sigh* And by the end of those three months some of the wondrous warm glow of a great event has been forgotten by most of us (except Brig, who pines for this event all year) getting replaced by wondering what so-and-so really meant by such-and-such and...I'm really going to try not to do that this year. PiP is the best pirate re-enacting event I attend and I'm going to try not to forget it. Nothing against any of the other events, you understand, it's just that PiP is that good. My head still isn't straight. It takes a week or more to come off that high. :D

Mission_banner5.JPG

My head still isn't straight. It takes a week or more to come off that high.

That's why I usually don't post top 10 list right away.....I'm still in that happily fuzzy....Wow... that was so dang cool...mode....

• 10 months later...

Wow, I forgot about this topic. I even laughed at some of my own dumb jokes up there! I am thinking even now about walking down Duvall in my pirate togs, grinning like an idiot.

the guy from California who can actually keep up with Patrick Hand when he's drinking
I thought that Patick WAS the guy from California? ;);)

No, I was referring to Oderlesseye there. ;) (Now see if you can figure out the rest of the people mentioned in #6. ;) Hint: read the PiP '09 Surgeon's Journal for clues...or just read it to get in that PiP mood...)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow, I forgot about this topic. I even laughed at some of my own dumb jokes up there! I am thinking even now about walking down Duvall in my pirate togs, grinning like an idiot.

No, I was referring to Oderlesseye there. ;) (Now see if you can figure out the rest of the people mentioned in #6. ;) Hint: read the PiP '09 Surgeon's Journal for clues...or just read it to get in that PiP mood...)

This is a fun thread - definitely worth a read of last years journal...

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Um stop pining, start packing and tell Mae she needs to send in her registration form! thank ye

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

That's my girl! :unsure:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/