Roll Call 2010

William Brand

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fire blackpowder hand weapons, so I'd be probably playing with a pike - which is sort of absurd.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, yes. Searle's was great fun last year. I was just telling someone that even though Searle's has serious rules about period clothing, in many ways I thought it was more laid back than PiP. Plus the food is amazing. (Not quite as good as Cafe Sole or the corn and conch chowder at the Rum Barrel, but not quite as expensive either.) If time and budget permit, I'll see you guys there. :rolleyes:

You know, the Menendez landing is coming up in a few weeks... just sayin :)

For some reason I can't quite pinpoint, going to Florida in August to wear period clothes does not sound very appealing to me.

It can't be any hotter than Indiana in August.

Mark

As they say, if the heat doesn't get you, the mosquitoes will. Even Dengue Fever has made its return in the Keys, thanks to our State Insect.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Huzzah!

Shay and I have some restaurants we want to show you...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Damnit... Well, tis only August, granted however at current, I will NOT be attending PiP this year. :rolleyes: Only way I'd attend is if I win the bleedin' Lottery. The Fates are being most unkind to me to not allow playtime with all you lot. :rolleyes:

Have fun nevertheless. Apologies for pullin' out.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Huzzah!

Most Excellent! (but i be need'n me eyeglass to be readn this here post)

mP

I was posting sotto voce. It's an old performing trick, used by no less than Popeye the Sailor. ;)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Huzzah!

mP

I was posting sotto voce. It's an old performing trick, used by no less than Popeye the Sailor. ;)

Oui, Monsieur, as Shay, oops Chez Crevettes must be kept a solemn secret de Polichinelle:

Edited by Shay of the Keys

Huzzah!

mP

I was posting sotto voce. It's an old performing trick, used by no less than Popeye the Sailor. :D

Oui, Monsieur, as Shay, oops Chez Crevettes must be kept a solemn secret de Polichinelle:

c'est clair à moi maintenant :D

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Please add Island Cutter, Blackheart and a Feisty Redhead,Edward O'Keeffe and Lily Alexander and Double Dutch himself X, to the Archangel crewe...thank ye.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I'm sure that I'm listed here somewhere but if not ad meself and me wif Susan. She will be working on her midwife persona. Also please ad a tent foot print fer us of 12X12. Might be smaller but no bigger. I will be splitting my duties at the Fort with in town commitments with Hurricane.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

LOL. True as that may be, now there will be two camping with the crew. Mwahahahahaha

We had a great all redhead cannon crew at Blackbeards, now we need another one for Fort Taylor.

Please add Island Cutter, Blackheart and a Feisty Redhead,Edward O'Keeffe and Lily Alexander and Double Dutch himself X, to the Archangel crewe...thank ye.

I thought Lily Alexander was the feisty redhead. LOL

Edited by Haunting Lily Alexander

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

• 5 weeks later...

All - My first event must be at a later date. Work related travel prevents me from driving down to Ft. Taylor from Michigan as planned. To whomever is watching the camp rosters please remove me and Guantanamera from the buccaneer camp list and free up that valuable space for a couple others.

Brass

Edited by Brass

one of Morgan's Men, "Guantanamo Jack" Brass

"No peace beyond the line"

• 2 weeks later...

LOL. True as that may be, now there will be two camping with the crew. Mwahahahahaha

We had a great all redhead cannon crew at Blackbeards, now we need another one for Fort Taylor.

Sorry if we seized a moniker, Lil... it's just been très à propos for my little Ginger Gosling. She may be a feisty redhead, but you are The Feisty Redhead.

I have also taken to calling her "Powder Keg" for her, ahem... "mercurial spirit".

Hold on, it gets better... I told her about The Boom Boom Girls and she want to be one too!

Heaven help me! What is left of the red in my beard is rapidly turning grey.

'Cutter

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

With Animal's note above, here is out current roster. It can replace the three different sections we have on the first posting here:

Pyrates of the Coast

Camping at Fort

Red Handed Jill (Jill Handed Red on pyracy.com)

Bootleg

Youngblood

Animal

Sully

Staying In Town

Hurricane

Cyren

Sloe Gin

Sir Nigel

Lighthouse

Anita Treasure

Angelina Morgan

Flint

Waterrat

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I have an update as well.

I am spearheading the Wreckers Camp, as we needed that covered and I believe there are plenty of folks who are well educated in the Buccaneer area. Perhaps Patrick would like to take over that area? (BTW, anyone who will be camping in the Wreckers area and needs any ideas, info, etc... I have been amassing things, drop me a line!!)

Among those I know are coming to the Wrecker's Camp with me are:

DB

Buxom Anne Marie

Cutter (not Island Cutter, a different one)

Io

Drop Dead

Great Scott

Alan (tenatively)

Thanks!

Diosa

Edited by Diosa De Cancion

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Oh! Oh! A fad! I don't want to miss out...

I am running the Mission the Surgeon camp which includes me, Bucky and Becky. I can't seem to get in contact with B&B, so would someone in the Keys please make sure they fill out their consent forms? (You may have to help them. Their memories and penmanship skills aren't so good...) Thanks.

Oh, and B&B don't require any 2D tent space, but they do require 3D air space.

Mission_banner5.JPG