Roll Call 2010

William Brand

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we take up a collection for QM James, because that is one guy I have really got to meet. Then he, Stynky and I can hang around together enveloped in a bizarre envelope of strange humorous antics that no one else can possibly understand. Including us. (Well, unless Duchess comes - she might be able to act as an interpreter. I can hear her now, in a low, fake-Brit accent: "And now we see the three males approaching a lone, straggling female. The appear to have made a favorable impression...no wait. The female has turned on them, bearing her teeth. They are running away hooting. This is common behavior for the sarchasimus lunatoonicus in the wilds of a re-enacting event.")

A collection then! Lesse'... I got a quarter, two nickels, a twopence, a thruppence, a slug that works in some older vending machines, half a button and a piece of string. How's that for a start?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I say we take up a collection for QM James, because that is one guy I have really got to meet. Then he, Stynky and I can hang around together enveloped in a bizarre envelope of strange humorous antics that no one else can possibly understand. Including us. (Well, unless Duchess comes - she might be able to act as an interpreter. I can hear her now, in a low, fake-Brit accent: "And now we see the three males approaching a lone, straggling female. The appear to have made a favorable impression...no wait. The female has turned on them, bearing her teeth. They are running away hooting. This is common behavior for the sarchasimus lunatoonicus in the wilds of a re-enacting event.")

A collection then! Lesse'... I got a quarter, two nickels, a twopence, a thruppence, a slug that works in some older vending machines, half a button and a piece of string. How's that for a start?

Jumping Jehoshaphat! Now you've gone and done it Mission!

Now I've got expectations to live up to, and

Not just a reputation to live down?

Seriously though, I appreciate the thought and will take the piece of string (is that hemp or linen string?)

Seriously.

Send me the string...

for now, add me, and lady constance

:D You guys have got to be there if it's at all possible.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm in the process of making plans for PIP 2010. If all goes well and the job is confirmed in January, I'll be there. I plan on grouping up in the Buccaneer Camp. Patrick, shoot me a email with some of you ideas. I have some thoughts also.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Well I must admit that I was sorter takin a look see at how things went this year, with Harry gone, and the great guns not firing from the casemate and all, but Bloodthirsty, Oreo, an I really did think this one was the best yet fer us. So please do add The Pirates of the Dark Rose ta yer roll call fer next year. It were quite fun ta wake up on the beach with the sounds of the surf, takes me back ta 1720, but we ended up using the Viceroy's tent inside the fort anyway fer most of our artillery stuff, so we would like to be back inside next year.

One request though, the front of the sally port at the Viceroy's tent is the only place on the parade that had standing water after the Saturday deluge. Iffen that be tha place yer wants us like previous years before last, let us know, so as ta bring lots of plastic fer ground cover. From my point o view, I thought some things worked a lot better this year. Others would see it differently I would imagine, but the safety seemed ta me ta be ramped up considerable, and that does give me tha feelin that pirates are less likely ta need peglegs, hooks, or new heads cause of our boom-booms. I really liked the chance ta walk over the battle that ended up happenin Sunday, thought that it made a big difference, and would like ta see walk throughs next year if possible. As the Arch Angel crew was able ta block an awesome fight fer, I think it be worth it ta let tha talent from all tha crews shine forth, even if it be a bit more hassle.

I also think the great gun drill on Thursday was worth it. Now I cannot speak fer tha Viceroy, but I was adamant that anyone on a cannon crew of one of my guns had ta drill BEFORE getting on the firing line. The reality is that we need pickup gunners on cannon crews at PIP, and this is a good thing that pirates can get on a cannon crew. But, right before tha battle, with the start time coming up, is not the time I be thinkin ta work out the details of tha drill. So one of my pieces was not used, but as my guns have my name on 'em, any accident, and I am involved. I also really enjoyed tha input from other knowledgeable gunners like Mad Dog during tha drill, as it made our collective expertise avaliable to all, and got us on tha same page, so ta speak. So I would also request that time(s) be set fer cannon drill fer those a wishin ta be on a gun crew an don't have their own gun.

These be tha onlyest things I kin suggest from this year, an they be ta do two things that were done, an I thought worked, which be good, I'm a thinkin. Fair winds til next year iffen I don't wash ashore at some event and see ya scoundrels afore.

Crudbeard

Alrighty.... I've been havin' m' eyes upon attendin' PiP in 2010... so, hopefully I'll be able t' make it. ;) Though, I think I'll want t' roadtrip down with someone. Unless ye all suggest somethin' else.

Tis my first PiP event (sad, I know). So ANY advice an' help on how t' get down there would be greatly appreciated.

Err.. umm.. not sure where t' put me, Will. I hope t' bring m' camp gear with me but not sure where t' place me.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Alrighty.... I've been havin' m' eyes upon attendin' PiP in 2010... so, hopefully I'll be able t' make it. ;) Though, I think I'll want t' roadtrip down with someone. Unless ye all suggest somethin' else.

Tis my first PiP event (sad, I know). So ANY advice an' help on how t' get down there would be greatly appreciated.

Err.. umm.. not sure where t' put me, Will. I hope t' bring m' camp gear with me but not sure where t' place me.

~Lady B

The Mercury crew would be glad of the added company. If you have no objection I'll number you among our own.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Hey, I didn't say anything! (Yet.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL... I'll consider it, Will. If none from m' own crew come down, then sure... put me with th' Mercury. But, I'll let ye know.

Initiation? Now, be gentle, lads. I can handle th' drinkin' initiations (limon cello is MerryD's initiation drink for th' Fool's Gold) but other initiations....

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The best initiation I can come up with at the moment is the traditional crossing the equator routine. Of course, we'll need a mast and a yardarm for that, but since Captain Jim once said he was going to build one so we could explain sails & rigging to the tourists, no hay problema.

Mission_banner5.JPG

'twas such a delight to harass dear Patrick,

Harass me...."

WOT....?

Ye didn't take yer clothes off nor nothin....... drat....

*Oh yeah... I wasn't cursin' because of the rain...I stayed dry..... that salty sailors talk in th' middle of th' night was because of the dang coral.....pokin' holes in me soft delicate hide..... ;)

glade to hear I didn't scare ye away.... ;)

Oh yeah... an' th' Buccaneers Camp will be even bigger an' better next year.......Yey......... ;)

Aye! definilly I be there next year.

Hey, Pearl, you made it here! What is the name of your shop at PiP? Do you have a web site for it?

Mission_banner5.JPG