Many Thanks

You know what? I'm worried about thanking people, because if I try to name everyone individually, I'll leave someone out accidentally, I know it. So I'm going to put it this way:

If you are an old friend (and you know who you are), it was great to see you. It's always great to see you, and I am heartily sorry that we don't live closer so I can see you more.

If I'd meet you once before (and I think you know who you are), it was great to see you again. I hope we can become old friends.

If I'd just met you before, it was nice to meet you. Also, I hope we meet again.

Specifically, a big thank you to everyone who demonstrated patience on those occasions when I had too much to drink. Normally I am rather bored by philosophy, but when I drink too much I am SO bored with philosophy that I just have to share it with people. Although it's pretty obvious that the GAoP represents the burgeoning trend of existentialism (or perhaps nihilism is a better word) at the time. Yes, of course I recognize that these trends are more closely identified with the 19th century, but seriously, when have philosphers ever been on the cutting edge of ANYTHING?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

;):blink: :blink:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Odd, I was just thinking the other day after blathering on on Jessi's FB page that if it were not for philosophers and religion, we might not have any of the modern success principles.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I want to extend my thanks and gratitude to all who made my first PiP experience so memorable. There are truly so many people to name, but I'll keep it down to those who initially were responsible for getting me there. First, I must thank my dear sweet friends, Fayma and Tony, who, for 3 years threatened me with kidnapping and dragging me to "the island" if I didn't find a way on my own! *lol* I love you guys and everyone on the crew of the Sacred Heart. Secondly, I wish to thank my boss, Christine of The White Pavilon, for bringing me down to work with her and for showing me one of the most beautiful places on earth!

I had a marvelous time playing among my own kind, and meeting face-to-face many of you with whom I've had the pleasure of corresponding online. I enjoyed the Trial, the Auction, the Pig Roast, the Battle and the singing inside "Ole Zach's Pub". I truly look forward to coming again next year and participating aboard the ship and other activities I missed out on this first time around.

Stinky, m' love, I so enjoyed our conversations. Thank you for keeping this forum going! I promise to visit more often. :)

I wish all m' Pyrate Mates a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

If any of you want to stay in touch via facebook, you'll find me not under Jezzy MacPeaks, but under "Sharon Statler". Feel free to send me a friend request and put a comment mentioning "PiP".

Drink up NOW, me Hearties, fer tomorra ye may surely die!

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg