Surgeon's Journal 2009

Mission

You're a Bagley, aren't you?

@Jack - Be HEALED! The power of Mercury compels you.

Oh, and based on a comment from someone, let me be straight: I think some pretty weird things are funny. (Feel free not to think so, although I personally won't care either way.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ummm, No I never worked for Barry Manilow........... However the mention of it brings this to mind......

You write the blogs that make the pipsters sing

millipedes stolen bikes and everything

You write the blogs that make those who missed it cry

You write the blogs

You write the blogs

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

I asked for that, didn't? It's a journal, not a blog. Surgeons were required to keep journals during the period and I am nothing if not period correct. Or not. (Doesn't really work in your riff on the song, though, does it?)

I just thought of a funny pun for that last comment of mine:

"Be HEALED! The Power of the Mercury compels you!"

You know, because my ship is the Mercury and I am the surgeon, who is empowered with dealing with the sick and...oh, forget it.

I don't think my brain has shifted back down into normal gear yet...PiP does that to me. It builds and builds until Sunday gives way to completely antic behavior. (Jessi, next year you have to take Monday off. Have to!) I dread trying to edit the not-blog for clarity (not to mention grammar and spelling.) Oh Brig, lovely editoress...I have a request. :unsure: (J/k - don't bother looking at it for that. I have to re-org it based on the construction of the page.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

its like you have a car full of angry badgers.....and you get off on stabbing at them with a pointed stick...just to piss them off more........of course i do the same thing.....kinda......lolololol.......and im really upset you missed that kiss missoin....but you made up for it......your lips are so soft............

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

;)

Israel, I asked for scared in that shot and you gave me kewpie doll! :lol:

I didn't do so badly... (Well, except for Cross. :P )

Jill Handed Red kiss.jpg

Some people have told me I sorta' kinda' look like Bill Murray when he was young. I can almost see it there. Almost. (What a ham. Me, not Bill Murray. Necessarily.)

I am sifting through 400+ pics and I found the ones from when Stynky bought breakfast. I can only imagine what this must have looked like to the normal people. This first one is truly priceless.

Stynky Breakfast Granola Shop.jpg

Then there was the whole "Are You Being Served" Routine:

Stynky Breakfast Mission Serving The Shoes Really Make it.jpg

The Shoes really make this shot.

Stynky Breakfast Stynky Serving 2.jpg

:unsure:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, I remember what oderlesseye said that I thought was funny. We were talking about how great the pub is and how bizarre and diverse the topics and people were. He then said something like, "Someone even started a thread about rabbits that was hilarious!" B) (That person must be some kind of bloody loon, says I. B) )

Mission_banner5.JPG

I just imported this stuff into Word for editing...27 pages, plus a few more for post commentary that I want to use. I promised myself I was going to write less because I was only going to be there for 3 days. Last year when I imported the Journal into Word, it ended up being 23 pages. (Although that is after editing. I usually discard some things because they are funny on the pub, but not in a webpage.)

Less writing...yeah. :o

(27 pages in four days! Why doesn't the book on period pirate medicine go that easily?)

Mission_banner5.JPG