PIP Photos Thread 2009

William Brand

sorry...tho deserving.....that title was allready given to ....SHAY OF THE KEYS.....for gun envy... ;)

Now, now, Dogge, this is not an either-or choice; both can be FB's in their own right.

Now, about that gun envy...do tell.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was timed...how long i could hold up her musket to my shoulder....1 minute 3 sec...and my shoulder is still out....tho later Matty Bottles does presently hold the record...at 1 minute 32 sec

many a man was embarrassed to say...they couldnt pick it up level the first try...until Miss Shay showed em how!!!

damn pretty gun

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

i was timed...how long i could hold up her musket to my shoulder....1 minute 3 sec...and my shoulder is still out....tho later Matty Bottles does presently hold the record...at 1 minute 32 sec

many a man was embarrassed to say...they couldnt pick it up level the first try...until Miss Shay showed em how!!!

damn pretty gun

Shay rocks. If you missed her playing and wonderful singing of the songs (which she wrote this weekend!) on Sunday night, you missed a treat. She's not one to shy away from learning and doing new things.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wows thanks for the kind comments everyone....what is FB status? it sound familiar...? Wonderful pictures all around everyone, you all seriously made this the most wonderful time iv had in years, and i really do mean that <3 Im gonna miss shay and those wonderful smacks she kept pulling out of nowhere........and that damn huge gun.......... Gentlemen of fortune, thank you for you noticig of that oh so favorite of stitching...the pri-ket-y stitch......... <3 yee all.....any pics of a certain....auction.......

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Wows thanks for the kind comments everyone....what is FB status? it sound familiar...?

Oh, you're gonna love that one. Ask M.A. d'Dogge off-line - it's sort of unprintable.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

While it is indeed the highest complement from PiP 2007, I have a feeling he may delight in the pun he can make of it. (You'd really have to meet Cross before that will make complete sense.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh I get it... and here I was trying to pick up darlin Shay instead of the gun!

Maybe I got me priorities all confused and such??

I will agree with you mate, it is a pretty gun.... Yet a prettier lady!

So say's I

damn pretty gun

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

FB....to be called a ...FB..one has to be first called a ....F@#$kING Bastard....by your peers....this is a title only given to the newly re-enactors...who have ...well showed up and showed up all the other old tymer re-enactors...so much so that it draws a organic...and heart felt honest response of...F@#!king Bastard...usually under the breath and aimed at your back as you pass by.

one can only be given this title...from those who have endevered over the years...to do research...and have spent many a year of back breaking intensive work to complete their KIT, CAMP, IMPRESIONS or KNOWLEDGE....just to have the wind taken out of their sails by some new upstart who shows up for the first time...and blows everyone away by their skills....

hence the ...F@!#king Bastard mutters from behind....

Some Recent Inductees have been....

Jack Roberts...for showing up at PiP...his first re-enactment...with a full hand sewn Kit...handsewn Tent...married to hot twins....and could play a flower pot like it was a friggan 20 peice brass band!!!

i dont remember last years...i was still pissed off at Jack from the year before.... :lol:

tho Jack was not the first...I my self had the title bestowed on me some 20 years ago now...as well as a long list of others on this pub....

i personally heard more utterances of ...FB...aimed toward Shay of the Keys...for sheer gun envey...(i myself bespoke tho words numerous times)

then i heard mentioned aimed towards Mr.Cross....course that could be for the sheer reason of still thinking they would get into trouble for selling him on the auction block and a subsequent public hanging of his corpse at Mallory Square.... :unsure:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

YEAH! Stupid.. stupid Mad Dog!

i dont remember last years...i was still pissed off at Jack from the year before.... :unsure:

That would be me you big dumb lummox... Stupid M.A.d'Dogge

sig2.jpg

I don't even look at Black Fox's pics because he has told me I can't use them. There are usually some really good ones and seeing them just makes me want to put those that relate to the Surgeon's Journal on my web page.

Speaking of which, if you want to see what happens during the event with added silly narration, check out the previous PiP SJs. You'll find links to them in the PiP Index Thread. Admittedly, this year I focused less on the regular stuff and more on various people and unique events than I have in the past, but I did that because all the standard events are in the 2007 & 2008 versions. So you can get a pretty good idea of the overall event in them. That's part of the reason I do it...to show what it's all about in what I hope is an amusing way. (Well, I also create it to entertain Brig who pesters me until it is finished. :rolleyes: One of my third twins is demanding.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Cross, you need to add "Purchaser of affections" to your sig!

how does "buyer of boys" sound jess? i like it...has a dr.suess feel to it.......

Israel Cross, Buyer of Boys,

Went to the Market

In search of New Toys.

Doesn't buy Boys

Who make too much Noise.

Israel Cross binds them by Hand,

He binds them by Feet,

And then they leave Land!

To sail 'cross Sea,

To a far differen' shore,

Ne'er to see their home anymore.

Went to the Market,

For to sell his new Toys.

M.A. d'Dogge came up with the FB thing in '07. If you go back to the threads from that year, you'll find it. (Have fun doing that. I think we have as many threads related to '09 as we have to all the previous years combined.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Cross, you need to add "Purchaser of affections" to your sig!

how does "buyer of boys" sound jess? i like it...has a dr.suess feel to it.......

Went to the Market

In search of New Toys.

Doesn't buy Boys

Who make too much Noise.

Israel Cross binds them by Hand,

He binds them by Feet,

And then they leave Land!

To sail 'cross Sea,

To a far differen' shore,

Ne'er to see their home anymore.

Went to the Market,

For to sell his new Toys.

..... <3 ...... If only you knew how true all of that was.....lololol ......and mission, ill take your word for it.....im not crazy enough to go looking around on olde threads....i could loose an eye on all the whitty and sharp comments............

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

I remember my first Reenactor Fest, when Jack, Brian, and I all showed up, and Brian had the 1706 ASC contract coat that he made, and I was hand-sewing the button holes on my ASC ticken waistcoats, and Jack - well, what more can we say about Jack? - had a hand-dyed, hand-sewn silk frock coat, and Maddogge took all of us be the noggin and pretended to knee us in the head in turn, and he said "jack, you f@#k!ng b@$tard!" And then he turned to me and said "And you're a French b@$tard." And then he said "you're all FBs!" And we laughed and drank up his shame, it was so delicious and cold and pure.

Edited by Matty Bottles

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

You Mr. Bottles are an evil and wonderful man....!

I remember my first Reenactor Fest, when Jack, Brian, and I all showed up, and Brian had the 1706 ASC contract coat that he made, and I was hand-sewing the button holes on my ASC ticken waistcoats, and Jack - well, what more can we say about Jack? - had a hand-dyed, hand-sewn silk frock coat, and Maddogge took all of us be the noggin and pretended to knee us in the head in turn, and he said "jack, you f@#k!ng b@$tard!" And then he turned to me and said "And you're a French b@$tard." And then he said "you're all FBs!" And we laughed and drank up his shame, it was so delicious and cold and pure.

sig2.jpg

I don't even look at Black Fox's pics because he has told me I can't use them. There are usually some really good ones and seeing them just makes me want to put those that relate to the Surgeon's Journal on my web page.

Speaking of which, if you want to see what happens during the event with added silly narration, check out the previous PiP SJs. You'll find links to them in the PiP Index Thread. Admittedly, this year I focused less on the regular stuff and more on various people and unique events than I have in the past, but I did that because all the standard events are in the 2007 & 2008 versions. So you can get a pretty good idea of the overall event in them. That's part of the reason I do it...to show what it's all about in what I hope is an amusing way. (Well, I also create it to entertain Brig who pesters me until it is finished. :lol: One of my third twins is demanding.)

Why are you here? Why are you posting? Aren't you supposed to be working on something? :P

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel