PIP Photos Thread 2009

William Brand

Jim, I really missed you. This event isn't the same without the Mercury's captain. (You are the captain, right?) Please figure a way to make it next year or I'll have to write outrageous lies in the journal about things you allegedly did in 2008.

I have a tone of photos that I hope I will be able to sift and sort by tomorrow or Wednesday.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though mostly of the Camp of the Archangel, I have posted a dozen or so pics from PiP. This was my first PiP and I had a wonderful time. Usually I am aboard the "Meka"II with me Cap'n and Lt. Brown. At PiP I was on my own except as a member of the Bretheren of the Buccaneers and Freebooters I was a part of as soon as I come ashore at the Fort of Zachery Taylor.

Jim, I really missed you. This event isn't the same without the Mercury's captain. (You are the captain, right?) Please figure a way to make it next year or I'll have to write outrageous lies in the journal about things you allegedly did in 2008.

I have a tone of photos that I hope I will be able to sift and sort by tomorrow or Wednesday.

I cannot even begin to tell you how I pined (actually pined, really) to be there and see my family. I shall not miss another.

Pining sucks.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Here's a link to a Flickr Slideshow - Hope it works!

Fort Taylor Pirate Fest - PiP 2009

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Very fine indeed sir.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Such handsome fellows, if I don't say so myself.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Yes, awesome pics as always from the Dogge. I have a few of you! Here is a link to my facebook photos. Really the only day I took any was for the Dinner Impossible shoot, so mostly Dogge, Edward, Leatherback, Scarlet and Deadeye....and a couple of other random shots

PIP photos

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Wow!

The event seems to get better and better every year. I am amazed by the collective attention to details.

I doff my floppy hat to all of you.

Isreal Cross looks great... I am digging the stitching on the inside of his short jacket...

Smokin'

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Damn MAD Dogge ! Those are brilliant Photos! What kind of camera was that? The One of Christine and Micheal looks like portrait quality! BTW I had a lot of fun watching you, especially at the Walk the plank contest.. Me hat be off to ye ~

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I couldn't agree more! I also have to say that after working in commercial for 10 years, Mr. Cross (who claims not to know how to act and such) is an absolute natural! For a first timer infront of his guy makes some of us old camera hogs look like chum in the water...

Stupid old age... Turn 40 and all the young turks start showing up!!

Yeah...yeah... I know... Out with the old and in with the new!!!!

But seriously, wait till you guys see the pressgang photo series we did for Mr. Cross and also the Brawling Barmaids with Sweet Kate and Red Jess!!!

BTW: why did Mikey get to be the guy in the middle???

Stupid...stupid Mikey!!!

Wow!

The event seems to get better and better every year. I am amazed by the collective attention to details.

Isreal Cross looks great... I am digging the stitching on the inside of his short jacket...

Smokin'

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I couldn't agree more! I also have to say that after working in commercial for 10 years, Mr. Cross (who claims not to know how to act and such) is an absolute natural! For a first timer infront of his guy makes some of us old camera hogs look like chum in the water...

Stupid old age... Turn 40 and all the young turks start showing up!!

Yeah...yeah... I know... Out with the old and in with the new!!!!

But seriously, wait till you guys see the pressgang photo series we did for Mr. Cross and also the Brawling Barmaids with Sweet Kate and Red Jess!!!

BTW: why did Mikey get to be the guy in the middle???

Stupid...stupid Mikey!!!

Wow!

Smokin'

I hereby nominate Israel Cross for FB status.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...