PiP ~ Key West Holiday Parade

Mary Diamond

KW Holiday Parade Attendees  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you thinking about participating in the Key West Holiday Parade, Saturday evening, 7pm?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Me Dear Miz Mary, Furst I be askin after ye health and as ta yer travels. I be hopin ye arrived safe an sound and are of good cheer. Now as ta this Promanade, may I inquire as ta the conveyance. Be it by foot only or be there any oxcart or other rolling stock? I likes a nice stroll but me tired old legs goes but so far. I be with holdin me commitment ta this parade until as such I knows. All the Best, me dear, Dutch "X" his mark

Good Evening, Cap'n Rob ~

Many thanks for your kind inquiries ~ we are tired, but in good health, and plan to leave for the Keys in about 18 hours. We will keep your wishes with us on our journey.

Regarding the Parade ~ it is not a short journey, by any means. Last year (or was it 2 years ago? my memory fails me) there was a float provided by the Rum Barrel, however, I am unaware of any arrangements this year. If I recall correctly, the parade lasted at least 2 hours.

Wishing you well, and looking forward to meeting you ~

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Me and Animal wanted to....

but we have other plans

Ugh~ So, I'm upstairs, brushing my teeth, finally getting ready to crawl in bed, when I realize what you are going on about. Gave me a bit of a smile, you did ~ before I remembered you really aren't going to be at PiP. :blink:

Going to miss you guys ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Me and Animal wanted to....

but we have other plans

Ugh~ So, I'm upstairs, brushing my teeth, finally getting ready to crawl in bed, when I realize what you are going on about. Gave me a bit of a smile, you did ~ before I remembered you really aren't going to be at PiP. :blink:

Going to miss you guys ~

I think I can speak for Willie in saying we'll miss you all also. Fair and safe travels and ask for a moment of silence for those of us not able to make it this year, then a volly sounded and a drink or two hoisted. That would put a grand smile on me face.

YHS,

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

This parade will be on Saturday the the 5th. I probably will partake..

Ifen I get tiered I'll just head for the nearest tavern..It is

along along Truman and Duval streets so thar will be a watering hole nearby..

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

If'n any o' ye be bringin' a barrow what's ta be movin yer sea chests an what other like dunnage ye may have, I be innerested in the hierin' o' sech gentleman ta transport me lame carcass through the streets and lanes about, Aye.

OH YEAH...... I just thought of something....

We will need a vehicle that can transport swords/machetes and implements of destruction back to the Fort for those wot wants ter carouse afterwards...... (the Key West Police aren't as much fun and easy going bout such things as they were a few years ago...)

OH YEAH...... I just thought of something....

We will need a vehicle that can transport swords/machetes and implements of destruction back to the Fort for those wot wants ter carouse afterwards...... (the Key West Police aren't as much fun and easy going bout such things as they were a few years ago...)

presently we be salin a convertable....can hall a lot with the top down.......yo ho

Yo Ho.......

As of now, Brig, myself, and our friend Nelly (who will be attending her first ever PiPmas this year) are planning to walk in the parade. And by "walking", I do mean keeping step with the crowd for a few minutes, stopping to drink at one of the many fine bars Key West has to offer, running to catch up again, rinse and repeat. Nothing says "festive" like parades and pirates!

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

Better yet, go to the bar first and join the pirates in the parade when the pass the bar you're in. (It's a long parade.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG