Where'd my friends go?

capn'rob

:lol: C&H...

Being a pirate re-enactor is weird...you know a lot of people by their imaginary names, but not their real ones. It can make riting the surgeon's journals more of a fact-finding mission that a creative exercise. :lol:

(Plus freaky people occasionally call you and leave bizarre phone messages ending with... "Oh, but the way, this is Paul," and you wonder who the hell 'Paul' was.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I had several people on my "friend's list" but now they are gone. When I tried to access "manage friends in my top dropdown" I was denied .

Ahoy there Captain!

Sorry for the tardy reply, but I killed off the "Friend's List". It just seemed redundant, anti-social and ridiculous for the small group that we are, to visit the Pub in search of community and then put energy into who we're going to be friends with and not be friends with. By the nature of our shared interests we are already all friends here.

. . . that is unless you're one of the King's spies.

Now that might make an interesting role play element, people could set up obvious factions, build lists of enemies. Though a lot of role play goes on between us, I think the Pub is more than that (not that I could define it necessarily).

• 2 weeks later...

I had several people on my "friend's list" but now they are gone. When I tried to access "manage friends in my top dropdown" I was denied .

Ahoy there Captain!

Sorry for the tardy reply, but I killed off the "Friend's List". It just seemed redundant, anti-social and ridiculous for the small group that we are, to visit the Pub in search of community and then put energy into who we're going to be friends with and not be friends with. By the nature of our shared interests we are already all friends here.

. . . that is unless you're one of the King's spies.

Now that might make an interesting role play element, people could set up obvious factions, build lists of enemies. Though a lot of role play goes on between us, I think the Pub is more than that (not that I could define it necessarily).

Thanks, Stynky! What a blast this week was! I want to do it again. Next week !!