Smart things to bring.........

Bos'n Cross

Truth be told this is my first real overnight-er outside in a tent.........that makes it the longest also......so my question is this my brave sailors and ne'er-do-wells..............what do you HAVE to have to survive at Pirates in Paradise.............mind you im a novice and am deathly afraid of forgetting something that ill drastically need...........

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from kit, I would say something to eat and drink out of. But even if you don't have those things, most likely someone will have extra's to loan. You have a tent, so I would bring an extra blanket. It got a little chilly last year. But if you don't have an extra, just drink more rum then you won't feel the cold anyway. If you take special meds, don't forget those and perhaps sun screen. :)

I think you'll find that everyone there will be more than happy to help fill in missing pieces. You'll come across things that you'll put on your must list for next year and for other events. Happens to me every event I attend.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

tolietries, extra socks- or get some from greg, baiting suit- we are at the beach ya know, eating gear, meds and extra glasses if you use them. now go through the gear you have packed, leave half of it behind because you wont need it and pack twice as much money.

It's fairly simple ...what things do you use daily ...once you answer that put it into 17-18th century parlance;

Shelter

Clothes

Shoes

Bedding

Eating utensils

Cooking gear

Food

toilet kit

(toothbrush, paste, razor (for those who shave) towel - washcloth, etc.)

Tools (knife, gun, sword, boarding ax, etc. )

"Beverages"

SQUEAKY CHEEKS!!! YOU DONT WANT SQUEAKY CHEEKS SO BRING SOMETHING FOR IT DUTCH AND STERLING ARE NICE GUYS BUT THEY WONT SHARE SO BRING YOUR OWN STUFF BECAUSE ITS A LOT OF WALKING AND CHAFING IS BAD

Gold Bond's medicated powder, it like a mint for your bal......... WOT! I'm just saying.

baiting suit- we are at the beach ya know

I just want to know ahead of time for if I EVER make it to PiP...is there a reason one would wear a BAIT suit???? :rolleyes::lol::lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

baiting suit....i wonder what id try to catch.....*wicked grin..........thanks for the good ideas everyone...turns out iv done a decent job...for i have all these things( even an air mattress).......cousin robbie.......this person has come up before.....................oh and my dearest lily...i dont think i need the sun screen.........................im already pretty tan, tis too late for me............plus i have never in my life experienced sun burn....have no idea what it feels like...neeevverrr had it :rolleyes: ............

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

a good sense of humor...

and a LOT of patience...especially when..ahem.. cousin.. you know who shows up...cough...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

baiting suit- we are at the beach ya know

I just want to know ahead of time for if I EVER make it to PiP...is there a reason one would wear a BAIT suit???? :rolleyes::lol::lol:

You're in the water; shark's in the water; All hail and farewell to you fair Spanish ladies...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

baiting suit....i wonder what id try to catch.....*wicked grin*

Im almost afraid to ask..notice I said almost...

So what WOULD you catch???? *Grins impishly* :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

SQUEAKY CHEEKS!!! YOU DONT WANT SQUEAKY CHEEKS SO BRING SOMETHING FOR IT DUTCH AND STERLING ARE NICE GUYS BUT THEY WONT SHARE SO BRING YOUR OWN STUFF BECAUSE ITS A LOT OF WALKING AND CHAFING IS BAD

Gold Bond's medicated powder, it like a mint for your bal......... WOT! I'm just saying.

or if its tooo late....balmex...diaper cream...works wonders.... :rolleyes:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

dogge is right. the stuff they make for babies bottoms is great. heck, in my more athletic days of backpacking on the A.T., i always made sure there was a pack of baby wipes in the same bag as the TP. that stuff and a bit of cream is a life saver on humid days to keep the monkey arse at bay. hmmmm hey jack, is your wee one comin? maybe between she and hamish well have a good supply of antifowlant on hand.

In all seriousness, GOOD INSOLES are an absolute must.

Hear, hear! Nassssty coral rocks everywheres.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I knows whot I'D be tryin' tae catch.......SYRE-ahem-er-MERMAIDS! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif I gots this big, solid gold fishhook (dont worry, loves. Its blunt!) which I had custom made like, on which I hangs big ol' gemstones. I calls her "Mermaid-Bait", on accounts o' ye cant catch a mermaid on a stinky ol' wurm. Heheheheheh. wink.gif

"Squeaky-cheeks!" Harharharr! laugh.gif

(We HAD two on 'em, but one got pirated outta our ship in home port whilst we were away at Valhalla last year). mad.gif

(Not my joke originally, got th' idea from a nice joolery seller at Southern a few years back). rolleyes.gif