Replica Pirate Broadside Ballads

PoD

This is a set of 3 Replica Broadside Ballads from Scotland containing references to Pirates. Broadside Ballads were sold on the streets in the 17th century onwards and contained popular songs and poems from the theatres and drinking establishments of the day.

gallery_10743_189_341822.jpg

The first broadside is from 1704 and is a song relating the account of the taking of a French Privateer ship and crew by a Captain Gordon

The next two are songs concerning the trial and execution of a Captain Thomas Green and his crew for the crimes of piracy and murder.

The Documents are created on various popular broadside sizes and are printed on parchment paper to give them an authentic feel.

$35 for the set of 3

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

• 5 months later...

Replica 1686 Broadside Ballad - The CAESAR's Victory

gallery_10743_189_31009.jpg

Replica of a 1686 English Broadside Ballad titled The CAESAR's Victory which is about a merchant ship that was set upon by five Pirate ships while on a voyage to the East Indies

Printed on period correct laid paper and is the actual size of around 197mm x 303mm in size

$15

Replica 1696 Broadside Ballad - Villany Rewarded

gallery_10743_189_10779.jpg

Replica of a 1696 English Broadside Ballad titled Villany Rewarded or, The Pirate’s Last Farewell to the World

Printed on period correct laid paper and is the actual size of around 195mm x 320mm in size

$15

bannerad.jpg

How much would you charge for just the one ballad concerning Captain Thomas Green and his crew?

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

How much would you charge for just the one ballad concerning Captain Thomas Green and his crew?

I could do them seperately for $12 each including shipping

bannerad.jpg

Brilliant! Always love your work, mate!

Now if only the tunes survived...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...

Most tunes were recycled (hence how our national anthem used to be a drinking contest song...) so therefore I would suspect one could use any common tune from that era and be reasonably accurate.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org