5th Annual National Walk the Plank Championships

hurricane

Funny this should come up, I was just mining these for my web page. Mary's Photos include the best ones I've found. Somewhere out there is one of Michael going in that I really liked, but now I can't find it. I suspect that I may be missing one of the photo collections in my bookmarks, tho'.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

There is Morgan Drake's photos from PiP/Fort Taylor Pirate Fest on mySpace... I think she posted many of these on Facebook as well. Which is where I stole the good picture of my mid-air tumble Mission... There are some good ones of you and Cousin Robbie in there as well M.A. d'Dogge.

My wife caught a bunch of good photos from the walk the plank contest as well... But you will have to sort through the over 250 photos she posted from PiP (out of the over 1200 she took to see them.

Michael_banner.jpg

Ah, yes, it was Morgan's photos. I don't have her bookmarked because she has only put up 1/2% of the photos she took.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

how warm he water was... :blink: ....???

Eye was posing as the Wee British Sailor who had been pressed into service ..so no Me thinks the water was warmer after me MadDogge... eagh eagh

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Ah, yes, it was Morgan's photos. I don't have her bookmarked because she has only put up 1/2% of the photos she took.

ahahahahaha.. oh that made my face hurt. Yeah Sorry.

Trying to get a bunch done at once, so I'm not posting 10 pictures at a time on 4 different websites.

I know you wanna see what I got :)

Get me a clone, it will get done twice as fast :):) Although, if I had a clone.... that'd be a whole other story.

I do have a bunch from the Plank Walking. There are honestly about 50 shots of Mad Dogge stripping into his "authentic bathing dress".

There will be lots more. Just probably not til after xmas. Sorry guys.

Love, hugs and rum.. lots and lots of rum... and apple pie

• 1 month later...

The Pyrates of the Coast are pleased to announce that the 6th Annual National Walk the Plank Championships will be held during Pirates in Paradise this year.

With the retirement of D'ogge as the champion, there will be undoubtedly lots of new competition this year to see who the next champion will be.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

yes yes...tis true..as the first ever GRAND CHAMPION...(3-wins in a row)...and subsequent Retirement...to be "put out to pasture"...and used for breeding purposes....

i have relinguished the feild...or plank for that matter...to open the way for the next youg up starts....and volunteer meself as a possible guest judge, or possible "coach" or "trainer" for those next hopeful....

and of course...as i retain the ONLY title of GRAND CHAMPION...will await the day...when another will achieve a 3-in a row....then have a true contest...a contest of Champions

course that at minimum will be 3 years from now...at best.... :P

may the contest continue

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

He will return hopefully, but as a judge this year. Who better to judge others than one who has been judged three times and emerged victorious?

When there is another three-peater, they will then go for the glory of the first one to do it authentically... and die with honor and dignity in the depths of Key West.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

He will return hopefully, but as a judge this year. Who better to judge others than one who has been judged three times and emerged victorious?

When there is another three-peater, they will then go for the glory of the first one to do it authentically... and die with honor and dignity in the depths of Key West.

-- Hurricane

exactly...i concurrrrr.....hey wait a minute.. <_<

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Ah don't worry... Cousin Robbie will save you

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

....again

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

LOL... Awww... poor Dogge. :::runs off and starts searching the web for these plank walkin's of Dogge:::

:::shakes head::: Dogge bein' a Marine and a tough man... yet he walks th' plank... a lot! Hehehe, th' Captain's hung often (resurrected by Mission's potions)... Dogge walks th' plank often... What next? <_<

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

LOL... afraid? Dogge? You afraid? NAWWWWW! :P

Hmm... if I make it to PiP this year, maybe I'll try for this Walk the Plank thing. I knew there was a reason why I practiced as the pool every day on the high and low dives walkin' the plank. :P

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

LOL... afraid? Dogge? You afraid? NAWWWWW! :lol:

Hmm... if I make it to PiP this year, maybe I'll try for this Walk the Plank thing. I knew there was a reason why I practiced as the pool every day on the high and low dives walkin' the plank. :blink:

~Lady B

Tell me I'm just Blind...But just today I saw a TV program called Freakiest Festivals....There was Maddoge walkin' the plank and about a 5 min. section on PIP this year.....Pretty interesting....Has anybody else seen it?

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

• 2 months later...

Yes, he will be a lowly spectator this year, or perhaps, if someone is smart, they can hire him out as a coach.

With his retirement, the field is wide open this year. He's set the bar pretty high, but Klaus was pretty good last year too. You just never know what the 6th Annual Championships will hold.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 5 months later...

It looks like the WOLF and the National Walk the Plank Championships will be at the Pirate's Village and Thieve's Market this year instead of at the historic seaport.

Spectator viewing will be aboard ship and on the Mohawk as we bring the righteous contestants aboard and send them to their watery graves. Who will be ascending to the crown of Champion this year now that D'ogge has been retired as Grand Champion (until some wins four at least).

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 1 month later...

After five years of anxious waiting, I'm proud to announce that this year's championships actually have a trophy for first place and medals for 2nd and 3rd. And you get to keep it!

The same is true of the inaugural Tall Tales Competition and Freestyle Tall Tales Competition.

I know, I know, this is beginning to look a bit legit.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

The official entry form is up. We will be limiting the number of entries this year so you want to make sure you're at the Truman Waterfront by 3 p.m. to enter this year's contest and earn the first trophy ever (suitable for mantling)...

http://www.piratesinparadise.com/walktheplank/index.html

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny