5th Annual National Walk the Plank Championships

hurricane

For those going to the Fort Fest, it's also time to remember that the Pirates in Paradise Festival along with the Pyrates of the Coast will be hosting the 5th Annual National Walk the Plank Championships.

This year's event is over at the Historic Seaport again (where it was last year) aboard the Schooner WOLF.

Here's the official info:

Thursday, Dec. 3

3-4pm – 5th Annual National Walk the Plank Championships aboard the WOLF with the Pyrates of the Coast at Key West Historic Seaport, foot of William Street. Victims (uhh, contestants) vie for the honor and glory of becoming the 2009 Champion as they dive to their watery graves, pleading for their miserable lives and competing for valuable prizes. FREE Spectator viewing.. The public is invited to enter.

Here's the official packet, including the judging criteria. Be sure you fill out the entry form and sign the liability waiver.

Who's going to unseat D'ogge this year? He's a three-peater, as you all know.

http://www.piratesofthecoast.com/walk-plank-entry.pdf

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to everyone as well. This will be the last year that the National Walk the Plank Championships will be held in Key West for a while. Next year, it is tentatively scheduled for May in the Abacos at the Green Turtle Heritage Festival and then will become a signature event at other festivals up and down the East Coast and hopefully, the Caribbean.

Our crewe is taking her on the road. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Just a note to everyone as well. This will be the last year that the National Walk the Plank Championships will be held in Key West for a while. Next year, it is tentatively scheduled for May in the Abacos at the Green Turtle Heritage Festival and then will become a signature event at other festivals up and down the East Coast and hopefully, the Caribbean.

Our crewe is taking her on the road. :)

-- Hurricane

Congrats Hurricane. Didn't know this was the last year in Cayo Hueso for the time being. Glad to know it is a success for all the hard work that Pyrates of the Coast do on the WPC is appreciated. Good luck and wow them at the many other festivals that have not been as fortunate as PIP to have you for so long. It has certainly entertained us for years, made for many laughs, great photo ops, press and a helluva good time. I can only hope to see again on that East Coast circuit to make more merriment. My hats off to the Pyrates of the Coast.

Spike

PS: And aren't you taking her on the "high seas", not the road? Sonds like it would hurt to walk the plank over I-95.

PSS: I hope SOMEONE beats NOT Nigel in this last leg of the PIP Walk the Plank Championship in Cayo Hueso.

I would love to take the winner this year to a future one to defend. That is the goal, that the defending champ will defend the title wherever it's held. Like the Olympics, but it's OK to be drunk in our competition.

Thank you Spike. Actually, this should have been the sixth annual. In 2006 it was going to be in Port Royal Jamaica, but their festival fell through.

thank you so much for the kind words. Appreciate it sir and look forward to seeing you next week. And yes, you're right - the high seas, although off an overpass on I-95 would have a lot higher stakes... :)

If the Green Turtle venue falls through, it may be headed to Stuart perhaps next year, though John's Pass is a good option as well.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

PSS: I hope SOMEONE beats NOT Nigel in this last leg of the PIP Walk the Plank Championship in Cayo Hueso.

no doubt someone will....but it still won't be you... :lol:

anyway, Good Captain Hurricane, sounds like a wonderful venture.....tho some of the Northern Climes such as Maryland and Virginia...or even the Great Lakes pirate events....the waters tend to be a tad more.....tepid...than in Key West or Jamaica... :lol:

ya might find yourself needing to ....prod...the contestants off the plank .... :P

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

It was originally designed to be held in Seattle in the summertime - up there, we don't mind jumping in 55 degree water. The polar bear groups always jump in the day after Thanksgiving up there.

We could combine it with a "wet t-shirt" judging criteria in the colder climes. :)

The waters at Green Turtle Cay are the ideal - crystal clear and warm... I might even jump off.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

no doubt someone will....but it still won't be you... :P

Well, I didn't HAVE to beat you to take home the trophy ;)

Not M.A.d'Dogge should compete ...try to beat Not Nigel. :rolleyes:hehe

Okay Silkie, I think that sounds like a grand idea NOT Nigel and NOT M.A.d'Dogge on the SAME plank !!! Ahh, what a sight.

You may want to reconsider entering as Diosa won't be making herself available for kissing this year. Or maybe that's an incentive for more to enter. :P

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

no doubt someone will....but it still won't be you... :P

Well, I didn't HAVE to beat you to take home the trophy ;)

friggan pyrates... ;) ....caint trust em i say...just caint

who would'da thunkit...the "Pyrate Champion" trophey...was stolen by pyrates... ;)

i never even got a picyure wit it or nuthin!?!? ;)

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Ye'll just have to win it again.....

...or else...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email from Maddogge this morning....It's offical! Once again, Maddogge won the National Walk the Plank Contest.

Maddogge says, "Yes...I'm the first official grand champion and can now be put out to paster for breeding stock."

I am very proud of you Maddogge! How did you do it this year?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Hooray! Huzzah...um...I mean...Ewww! Vision of Maddogge in a pasture...as breeding stock...ewww!

Probably wearing that chemise, too...

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Hooray! Huzzah...um...I mean...Ewww! Vision of Maddogge in a pasture...as breeding stock...ewww!

Probably wearing that chemise, too...

funny you mention that..... Here's a piece of footage that went out to all the TV networks...and got some air time on Fox.... Please note dog's final attire!

:)

It's 5 minutes..... it takes a while to load......

2009 Walk The Plank Championship

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

That was great!

Nice to see Cousin Robbie made it down and tried to save his friend MADogge, in Robbie's inimitable style.

I see that the multipersonality afflicted Mr Cross was also made to walk the plank .... you'd think that one of his alter egos would be a swimmer ....

Looks like y'all are havin' a grand time, wish I were there too!!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Congrats Dogge!!!! What another great win! I had to show my little one and she laughed and asked why there were two dressed as women..i had no answers lol..I pled the fifth!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

So, more coverage of the event came in the form of a picture sent out by the Associated Press. Here's Mohawk Joe going off the plank and we get to see Papa Ratzi in this one!!! He's so hard to get on camera since he's always behind one!

Walk the Plank Photo

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• 2 weeks later...

That was a lot of fun.. Though nothin to compare to ole Maddogge, me thinks Eye did just fine fer me first tyme.. I was surprised by how warm the water was ~ ~

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."