Looking for old swashbuckler movie title

Gibbet Jones

I've been trying to find the title for a movie I watched years ago as a kid I've asked many people over the years and no one was yet able to give me the answer.

The movie is older it was in color, not sure if it was originally black and white and color was later added. one of the things that I remembered about it was their was a crazy old man that had a map or part of a map tattooed on his chest. That's all I can remember from it.

Any Ideas?

No Cage for the bones of Gibbet Jones.

The Princess and the Pirate. 1940ish with Bob Hope as the tattooed victim and Walter Brennan as the crazy old man, Virginia Mayo and Victor McLaughlin as "The Hook".

My goodness, I think you got it! I went to the Turner Classics site and watched the trailer for the Princess and the Pirate. Sure looks like it's the one I saw as a kid. Now just have to buy it on dvd and add it to my collection. Thank you Morgan Dreadlocke.

No Cage for the bones of Gibbet Jones.

The Princess and the Pirate is worth watching for many reasons, at least two of which are Virginia Mayo. In addition, Victor McLaghlen was born to play a pirate if any man alive ever was.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

I'll have to add that to my NF list.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...