Historic type ships and boats wanted

callenish gunner

Saw this on another board I'm on and thought it might be of interest to some here abouts:

Subject: [FandIWAR] 18th Century Paid Boat Event - "Battle of the Restigouche" July 9-10-11, 2010

To: FandIWAR@yahoogroup s.com

Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 12:35 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I have just returned from Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada where I attended a planning meeting for the "Battle of the Restigouche" event taking place the weekend of July 9-10-11, 2010. My company has been asked to assist with the programming, and as such have been given the authority to negotiate paid stipends for boats to attend.

The event committee is looking for boats that are 20' or larger and capable of carrying ten or more crew. The boats will be asked to participate in the weekend's programming on both sides of the Restigouche River, between the towns of Campbellton, NB and Pointe a la Croix, QB.

The budget for the event is impressive, with stipends of $2,000 per boat (yes, two thousand dollars), with more money possible for much larger vessels and those traveling greater distances.

I drove to Campbellton to see what the road conditions were like first-hand, and it was very favorable. Campbellton is only five hours north of Bangor, ME and taking Interstate 95 north to the end, then Canadian Routes 2W and 17N, the roads were all in great shape with no construction to speak of. I made the drive there from 50 miles north of Philadelphia in 15 hours.

The Restigouche River is very boat friendly. There is a deep-water boat launch on the QC side of the bridge connecting the two towns which I personally inspected, and from the launch to the town wharf in Campbellton it's about a quarter mile. There is a tide, but nothing unmanageable. To emphasise the importance the event is placing on boats attending, the town wharf is being given to the boats for their exclusive use, and the naval camp is going to be

located in a graded lot adjacent to the wharf so that the boat owners and naval reenactors have immediate access to the boats at all time. There will be security for the boat trailers, and the local Rangers will be patrolling the River overnight to make sure the boats remain safe while at their moorings.

I will be putting together additional information about the event over the next several days, including photos that I took while there. Boats who are interested in attending are being listed with me on a first-come-first- serve basis. This list will be used to prioritize those boats who will be paid to attend, and allow for alternates in case someone can't make it. It's the intention of the event organizers to have enough funds to pay for at least a dozen boats.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (610) 972 9981 or via email at "damian(at)privatee rmedia.com. "

All the best,

Damian Siekonic

Privateer Media, LLC

www.privateermedia. com

damian@privateermedia.com

Thought that more than a few folks could use a paid gig & $2 grand + is nothing to sneeze at

Edited by callenish gunner

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on another board I'm on and thought it might be of interest to some here abouts:

Subject: [FandIWAR] 18th Century Paid Boat Event - "Battle of the Restigouche" July 9-10-11, 2010

To: FandIWAR@yahoogroup s.com

Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 12:35 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I have just returned from Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada where I attended a planning meeting for the "Battle of the Restigouche" event taking place the weekend of July 9-10-11, 2010. My company has been asked to assist with the programming, and as such have been given the authority to negotiate paid stipends for boats to attend.

The event committee is looking for boats that are 20' or larger and capable of carrying ten or more crew. The boats will be asked to participate in the weekend's programming on both sides of the Restigouche River, between the towns of Campbellton, NB and Pointe a la Croix, QB.

The budget for the event is impressive, with stipends of $2,000 per boat (yes, two thousand dollars), with more money possible for much larger vessels and those traveling greater distances.

I drove to Campbellton to see what the road conditions were like first-hand, and it was very favorable. Campbellton is only five hours north of Bangor, ME and taking Interstate 95 north to the end, then Canadian Routes 2W and 17N, the roads were all in great shape with no construction to speak of. I made the drive there from 50 miles north of Philadelphia in 15 hours.

The Restigouche River is very boat friendly. There is a deep-water boat launch on the QC side of the bridge connecting the two towns which I personally inspected, and from the launch to the town wharf in Campbellton it's about a quarter mile. There is a tide, but nothing unmanageable. To emphasise the importance the event is placing on boats attending, the town wharf is being given to the boats for their exclusive use, and the naval camp is going to be

located in a graded lot adjacent to the wharf so that the boat owners and naval reenactors have immediate access to the boats at all time. There will be security for the boat trailers, and the local Rangers will be patrolling the River overnight to make sure the boats remain safe while at their moorings.

I will be putting together additional information about the event over the next several days, including photos that I took while there. Boats who are interested in attending are being listed with me on a first-come-first- serve basis. This list will be used to prioritize those boats who will be paid to attend, and allow for alternates in case someone can't make it. It's the intention of the event organizers to have enough funds to pay for at least a dozen boats.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (610) 972 9981 or via email at "damian(at)privatee rmedia.com. "

All the best,

Damian Siekonic

Privateer Media, LLC

www.privateermedia. com

damian@privateermedia.com

Thought that more than a few folks could use a paid gig & $2 grand + is nothing to sneeze at

Thank Ye, I have forwarded the info to the Captain of our vessel, the Armed Brig "Meka"II, 8 Guns, Homeport Beaufort, NC. If ye shall be at the gatherin' on the Cayo o' Bones, we be lookin' fer ye. Ye'll recomember us'n by this here post! Dutch "X" (his mark)