Gold teeth

Gibbet Jones

goldtoothes.jpg

Here they are, sorry for the poor pic.

Nice! but beware, in another topic (Iron Caster) in 'the workshop' Mission is looking to acquire a Dentist's Pelican, a tool for REMOVING teeth :P They being gold teeth makes it much more profitable and piratical ;)

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Can you eat with them in mate?

I can eat some things with them, nothing too sticky. They're like slightly lose fillings. I can drink with them just fine though.

Master Jones, Me name be Dutch. Nae tha man from Blackbeard's crew, I be the Bosun o' tha Armed Brig "Meka"II, Beaufort, NC. I sure likes what ye dun wi' them choppers. They be Gold and Dutch be quite fond o' Gold. What I be tellin' ye is I bin sportin' a particular look in me countenance fer many a year and I think ye may take a likin' to it. I have not a likeness but might I be maki yer aquaintence at PiP? If so, I'll be lookin' fer ye to give ya' a look. Dutch "X" his mark

• 2 months later...

These are brilliant!

I do Jack Sparrow on occasion (*quickly ducks to avoid the bottles, rotten fruit, and various other miscellany thrown by numerous angry pirates*(yes, I'm one of those)) any I've been looking for a good source for gold teeth I can use for the character.

So tell me, would you ever consider doing a commission on some choppers like those? And if so, how much would it run a poor pirate? I wouldn't have the coin for real gold, but maybe some suitable substitute.

Of course, you may not be interested in that sort of thing at all, but if not, do you have any pointers if, say, I wanted to try doing something like that myself?

Any advice and/or input is helpful!

Thanks!

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

How did you get plaster casts of your teeth? Very nice job you did there.

I once had teeth made for me that looked like "The Mask." (Er, the Jim Carrey version.) In fact I still have them somewhere. (They were painful to wear after awhile.) They didn't look near as nice as yours do, of course.

Yep, I should bring the ol' dental pelican onto the battlefield with me in the future. If you're lucky, I'll remove a few bonus teeth in the process. (I understand the pelican had a tendency to remove neighboring teeth if the surgeon wasn't careful.)

For those curious about the pelican, check out this post.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

How did you get plaster casts of your teeth? Very nice job you did there.

I once had teeth made for me that looked like "The Mask." (Er, the Jim Carrey version.) In fact I still have them somewhere. (They were painful to wear after awhile.) They didn't look near as nice as yours do, of course.

Yep, I should bring the ol' dental pelican onto the battlefield with me in the future. If you're lucky, I'll remove a few bonus teeth in the process. (I understand the pelican had a tendency to remove neighboring teeth if the surgeon wasn't careful.)

For those curious about the pelican, check out this post.

There have been several dental pelicans of various designs on ebay lately. A couple of them are still there....

>>>> Cascabel

!! Looking at the prices, I can see why. I really like this one, although I think my blacksmithing friend could make it for a minuscule fraction of that price.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Helloooooo Gibbet?

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 1 month later...

I had dental implants done for two teeth in the front that never grew back after the baby teeth fell out. After the post were implanted then my Dentist showed me my options for the teeth that will screw in to the post. I did have the choice of Gold or Platinum but the prices were a bit high for me so I stuck to plain white. Still, I may have to ask my dentist to make one or two that I can use when and if I want.

• 1 month later...

Bright, I agree. I was thinking that his mouth was too clean & healthy. Then again, depends what his goal is. If historically accurate then he needs to dirty up. If he is closer to Hollywood (depending on the movie) then he looks just fine.

I just wish they had a gold tooth paint that actually looked GOLD, instead of sickly yellow with sparkles. Nail polish actually works, but it takes forever to dry, and before it does so, it's toxic.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I just wish they had a gold tooth paint that actually looked GOLD, instead of sickly yellow with sparkles. Nail polish actually works, but it takes forever to dry, and before it does so, it's toxic.

Not to mention, true gold nail polish is surprisingly difficult to find. Copper, bronze, etc. But not so much gold...

-Captain Jack Sparrow