Baldric buckles made by Gibbet

Gibbet Jones

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooohohohoh.... droooool! Did I mention I have a buckle fetish erm... fixation?

I'd be very interested to know what these puppies are going for!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Ooooohohohoh.... droooool! Did I mention I have a buckle fetish erm... fixation?

I'm only able to produce one at a time. So I am currently unable to price them I'm going to look into having some sent to a company that can produce say 20 at a time. Then I can sell them at a decent price. Right now I've spent countless hours and I have two of a single design done.

No Cage for the bones of Gibbet Jones.

I'm only able to produce one at a time. So I am currently unable to price them I'm going to look into having some sent to a company that can produce say 20 at a time. Then I can sell them at a decent price. Right now I've spent countless hours and I have two of a single design done.

Thats the best way to go. Just produce the masters then get them cast in bulk as I am sure you will get plenty of orders.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

AN00556166_001_l.jpg

Description

Copper alloy shoe buckle frame, pin missing, openwork decoration of stylised birds.

Dimensions

Length: 47.5 millimetres

Width: 40 millimetres

From British Museum

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

• 1 month later...

Now lads we've got Gibbet locked away in the North Country hard at work on the buckles. I'm sure he'll get some made if he does fall out the top sails.

Next is to get him working on tips and keepers...

Eye'll take this one off ye hands now!

c4593434.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."