NEW RUM!

Pirate Petee

• 5 months later...

I found a bottle at a local Hy-Vee (grocery store) and thinking about picking it up. It's under $21 (I wonder if that's a hint on who is NOT suppose to drink it).

Anyone try this rum yet?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Just finished a bottle of it.

Very good. Think along the lines of a heavy Cap'n Morgan, mixed with a Gosling's or Cruzan's Black Strap. I drank it warm and straight in 3-4oz tots. Very good for those who like a heavier rum.

A review online:

'The Kraken — the rum, that is — cuts quite a profile in consumption, a truly monstrous hit of chocolate and molasses, cut with Christmas spices — cinnamon and allspice, cloves and maybe even some ginger. Vanilla is big on the finish. Overall the effect is quite impressive, and any spiced rum fan will get a big kick out of The Kraken."

A definitely agree with the vanilla and molasses taste. Delicious.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

We are making a reply video to the Sacramento pirates Kraken Commercial this Saturday to poke fun at their promo for the rum..

Us Stranglehold pirates and a few guest will be on the beach to start with and in up in the Haunted Head Saloon to rap it up..It's gunna be funny! I will post it up when we get done with it.

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hmmmm.................Captain Morgan......Harsh?????....Now Pussers....That be some harsh sheet.......I notice the Cap'n be well represented on dinner impossible...... I will say Sailor Jerry's is smoother than the Cap'n, but I think the Cap'n ta be fairly smooth.....I gotta try this Kracken stuff just in case....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

I got to a decent spirits store today . . .

Their selection was STILL mainly mixing rums, however.

-I'll just say that Upstate to Midlands South Carolina is a CRAP place to buy good rum . . .

Anyways, . . .

I got some Kraken, based mainly on Bilgemunky's reviews and the oh-so-cool bottle.

Well, I opened it tonight and think it is QUITE good! It lacks the harsh "bite" of cheap rum, the overly sweet taste of Capt Morgan Private Stock, and the molasses flavor of the Cruzan Black Strap that I like. It is tasty. I'm liking it in the first mug (I have a specially made glazed ceramic "Scottish Shot Glass" that holds 4oz).

I approve and this will be a "regular buy" for me, assuming they keep making it and the crappy ABC stores around here keep selling it.

I approve.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was going to make a thread about Kraken but I'm glad I looked here first. The Steampunks swear by this stuff but I'm guessing that's more of "theme" thing. I was wondering what pirates thought of it.

I'll keep my opinion to myself since officially I have not touched the stuff being of a tender age and all.

10912765.jpg

CandyCotton -

Aye, Lassie it be good n' wise thing that ye keepin' to the code.

I not be a knowin' 'bout this here 'theme' thing but meself enjoys the squid's ink right proper.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Indeed! That stuff's downright tasty!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

CandyCotton -

I not be a knowin' 'bout this here 'theme' thing but meself enjoys the squid's ink right proper.

Jas. Hook ;)

The word "kraken" seems to have an interesting effect on Steampunks... to paraphrase and throw in a geek reference, "Kraken? That is a worship word, you shall not speak it".

10912765.jpg

CandyCotton -

Jas. Hook ;)

The word "kraken" seems to have an interesting effect on Steampunks... to paraphrase and throw in a geek reference, "Kraken? That is a worship word, you shall not speak it".

Sounds serious, maybe I'm a transgressor...

Innkeeper, pour me another of the Kra.... errrr.... the dark stuff. :rolleyes:

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney