POTC 4 is at this time....

Iron Bess

PIRATES

Looking for authentic-looking scavenger-types… ages 18 to 60s, all ethnicities, especially extreme characters – very thin, lean body types, very tall, very short, emaciated, odd features, huge nose, bulging eyes, big ears, lazy eye, grizzled and wrinkled faces, odd body types, missing teeth etc. Not looking for hearty eaters….me ‘earties…

I bet we see quite a few of familiar faces from the West Coast. Unfortunately, I'm too pretty to qualify. :P

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so badly want to go try out. But plane tickets are pricey.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

First... Thank ye Graydog fer yer post.

I went late last week t' stand on line outside Sande Alessi Casting, fer the open casting call. I met several experienced extras: Chris, a werewolf from True Blood. James, an extra on CSI New York... or was it Miami... or both. Cory, a self trained drummer, and a bit tall t' be a British regimental drummer.

Since this was my first casting call, I had no war stories t' swap. These fellas were genial, an seemed un-concerned wit' the long wait in line, an regaled me wit' their extra stories (which helped pass the time).

After, we finally got into the casting office, and bared our chests in front of a green screen, we parted ways. On the way out I received the standard reply, "Don't call us, we'll call you... if yer selected."

Edited by Jacky Tar

PIRATES

Looking for authentic-looking scavenger-types… ages 18 to 60s, all ethnicities, especially extreme characters – very thin, lean body types, very tall, very short, emaciated, odd features, huge nose, bulging eyes, big ears, lazy eye, grizzled and wrinkled faces, odd body types, missing teeth etc. Not looking for hearty eaters….me 'earties…

I bet we see quite a few of familiar faces from the West Coast. Unfortunately, I'm too pretty to qualify. :D

Sadly, I'm too well fed to qualify...wait..is that a meat pie???

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

And it would seem Barbossa has switched sides, as he is now dressed as a high-ranking officer (possible c ommodore? He does have a really big hat!) in the British Royal Navy! :(

However, he does pull his pistol on one of the other officers, if you look close, so mayhaps he hasn't turned as pious as all that. I certainly hope.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Hmmm.... a most interesting clip, BHP. Thank ye. :) We shall see how long it will stay up on YouTube though. However, it's an interesting enough clip to just wet out whistles.

Hmm... At first I had thought it was Long John Silver in the mix! Geez! Maybe it is Barbossa. Wow, massive change of outfit though. LOL, oh, this will pissed a few Barbossa portrayers. LOL Oh, well. And the Royal Navy back... as the Royal Navy.. HUZZAH!!!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Yeah, here's my prediction of all the things the movie and the book will have in common:

1) Blackbeard

2) The Fountain of Youth

3) The title

The end.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Here's the official synopsis:

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” captures the fun, adventure and humor that ignited the hit franchise — this time in Disney Digital 3D. In this action-packed tale of truth, betrayal, youth and demise, Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he’s not sure if it’s love — or if she’s a ruthless con artist who’s using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth.

When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne’s Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn’t know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past.

Mark

— this time in Disney Digital 3D.

GROAN! When will this resurrected 1950's fad die and go away. I don't need to wear glasses on my glasses to watch a friggin movie. They are a pain physically and restrict my vision of the screen. I hate them!

Of course I do look kewl in them like all items I wear.

:lol:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Break a leg! Or, if things don't all quite go as planned... break MANY legs!

Incidentally, I don't know how many of you fine folks know this, but the HMS Surprise is currently being used for filming on PotC 4!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading all the treads so far and following the info about the 4th movie annnnnd for what I've notice on the pictures from the film Jack will have a new garb ... that will vex a lot of impersonators out there, a replica of his coat alone is $ 250 the cheapest some of those guys out there go to a lot work to look a like.

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

I've been reading all the treads so far and following the info about the 4th movie annnnnd for what I've notice on the pictures from the film Jack will have a new garb ... that will vex a lot of impersonators out there, a replica of his coat alone is $ 250 the cheapest some of those guys out there go to a lot work to look a like.

Luckily for most of us impersonators, it appears he has not changed the bloody coat. But then, there is only one place you can currently see him wearing the coat for OST, and that's from the ComicCon video. Otherwise it's just the vest, even in the sniper-fan photos. Now, yes, they did change the vest. And I'll tell ya', it's got a lot of folks over on the Keep to the Code forums (www.keeptothecode.com/bboard/index.php) up in arms. But I'm not concerned. The rest of his gear looks mostly the same (except maybe his hair... which is crazy...er), and I prefer the Curse of the Black Pearl look anyhow.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Now, yes, they did change the vest. And I'll tell ya', it's got a lot of folks over on the Keep to the Code forums (www.keeptothecode.com/bboard/index.php) up in arms.

B)

The official message board has a whole forum just for Jack impersonators?! Glory be... B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Have there been any photos yet of Ian McShanes costume? Really curious to see their take on Blackeard.

Google Image Search: your friend. So as not to spoil anyone's future movie-viewing experience who doesn't want it be so...

http://www.reelmovienews.com/2010/09/first-glimpse-of-ian-mcshane-as-blackbeard-in-pirates-of-the-car/

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG