POTC 4 is at this time....

Iron Bess

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney Wants You To Show 'Em Your Tits

By Garth Franklin Monday March 22nd 2010 11:20AM wench_article.jpg?1269279793 The other week a casting notice went out for a couple of crucial scenes on "Pirates of the Caribbean2_bing.gif: On Stranger Tides", the upcoming fourth film in Disney's mega-franchise. The notice required fit athletic women aged 18-30 with professional dancing, diving and swimming2_bing.gif ability.

One noted requirement though - "MUST have real breasts. Do not submit if you have implants" according to the sheet. It's an effort to be historically accurate and actually quite commendable on the studio's part. Of course that didn't stop many on the Net having a field day with every breast-related pun you can think of.

On the weekend however, a few new details emerged over at The Sunday Times about the sequences. Seems that casting agents2_bing.gif say "the bouncier the better" when it comes to the female extras for the film, "especially for sword-fighting action sequences".

As a result, quite soon there will be what The New York Post dubs "a Hollywood-style jiggle-your-jugs test and jog for judges" that will take place during the upcoming costuming and fitting sessions. Those which are found to be false are out, no exceptions.

The project marks a rare reversal on this position for Hollywood. Even this franchise in the past sought women with a 'bustier' look for the various 'saucy wenches' that populated the background and had no issue with them having implants.

Filming on the fourth 'Pirates' kicks off in Hawaii around June.

The Register also covered this:

The director of the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean outing has decreed that actresses with breast implants will not be welcome to swash their buckles alongside the 100 per cent natural and impressive pirate's chest of Penelope Cruz.

Rob Marshall has instructed Los Angeles casting agents that he's after "beautiful female fit models" for scenes to be shot in Hawaii this summer. He adds: "Must be 5ft 7in-5ft 8in, size 4 or 6, no bigger or smaller. Age 18-25. Must have a lean dancer body. Must have real breasts. Do not submit if you have implants."

According to the Daily Mail, anyone with Bulgarian airbags who reckons she can fool the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides team should be aware Marshall is planning a "show and tell" day during which "applicants will be expected to pass a test specifically designed to detect false breasts".*

Ms Cruz will not, of course, have to submit her assets for testing. She's replacing the less prominent Keira Knightley (see pic, with Orlando Bloom), who admitted that make-up artists "literally painted in my cleavage" for her role as Elizabeth Swann. ®

Bootnote

* Note to Rob Marshall: We at the El Reg Bootnotes department feel we're particularly well qualified to carry out this crucial testing. Give us a call...

Mark

I'll refrain from any comment about this, because I certainly don't want to be a boob about it...

(insert delicate cough here)

Disney Wants You To Show 'Em Your Tits

By Garth Franklin Monday March 22nd 2010 11:20AM wench_article.jpg?1269279793 The other week a casting notice went out for a couple of crucial scenes on "Pirates of the Caribbean2_bing.gif: On Stranger Tides", the upcoming fourth film in Disney's mega-franchise. The notice required fit athletic women aged 18-30 with professional dancing, diving and swimming2_bing.gif ability.

One noted requirement though - "MUST have real breasts. Do not submit if you have implants" according to the sheet. It's an effort to be historically accurate and actually quite commendable on the studio's part. Of course that didn't stop many on the Net having a field day with every breast-related pun you can think of.

On the weekend however, a few new details emerged over at The Sunday Times about the sequences. Seems that casting agents2_bing.gif say "the bouncier the better" when it comes to the female extras for the film, "especially for sword-fighting action sequences".

As a result, quite soon there will be what The New York Post dubs "a Hollywood-style jiggle-your-jugs test and jog for judges" that will take place during the upcoming costuming and fitting sessions. Those which are found to be false are out, no exceptions.

The project marks a rare reversal on this position for Hollywood. Even this franchise in the past sought women with a 'bustier' look for the various 'saucy wenches' that populated the background and had no issue with them having implants.

Filming on the fourth 'Pirates' kicks off in Hawaii around June.

Damn, thats sharp!

Sorry mates, I've been in dry dock fer some time. But... alawys kept in the loop about work!

Lady B, nope, no Liz and Bill. Gone but not forgotten.

Yes, real Tat Ta's are all the rage and are the only form of flesh to be considered. (There is GOOD reason for this as you will see)

And Blackbeard well.... he's working on his sword style. :blink:

Missed ya all I have,

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Oh, tis completely understandable why NO implants. Law Suit is NOT what Disney needs for someone's blunder with the boobs. That's WAY too dangerous, too. Could cost the girl her life if one of those implants should burst during a swordfight or tumble.

So... Will and Elizabeth's kid is not in it? Awww... would have thought the kid would fancy tagging along with Barbossa or event Jack. LOL, or maybe that one red headed bad luck kid from the comic strip in the Disney kids mini-magazine thingie. That kid was hilarious!

Ok... now I'm intregued. I'm actually wanting to see this film now. Even with Cruz.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Depends upon how much coinage I have for one, and also how long PotC 4 remains in th' theater.

Hmm... haven't been t' FB since last night. I guess we shall see, aye, Robert? After all, Eye won't be th' first, nor th' only, or th' last pirate on th' Pub t' be associated with PotC. ;)

~Lady B

(chuckle) That is what they are counting on...

And Ian McShane looks awesome! wink.gif

Damn. I'm dying to know what McShane looks like as Blackbeard.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

The production wants pirates who are, “Authentic-looking scavenger-types 18-60s, all ethnicities, especially extreme character types: thin, tall, short, odd features, huge nose, eyes, ears, lazy eye, grizzled and wrinkled faces, odd body types, missing limbs, teeth, etc.”

As for sailors they would like, “Thin and average build, good looking to extreme characters, British types, Spaniards, and other ethnicities, ages 18- into their 50s.”

Times and locations listed below!

Oahu Casting Call

Saturday, April 24

9, 10 and 11 a.m. and 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.

Waikiki Community Center

310 Paoakalani Ave.

Honolulu, HI 96815

Kauai Casting Call

Sunday, April 25

10 and 11 a.m.; noon, and 2, 3, and 4 p.m.

Kauai War Memorial Convention Hall

4191 Hardy Street

Lihue, HI 96766

I spread the word

The production wants pirates who are, "Authentic-looking scavenger-types 18-60s, all ethnicities, especially extreme character types: thin, tall, short, odd features, huge nose, eyes, ears, lazy eye, grizzled and wrinkled faces, odd body types, missing limbs, teeth, etc."

As for sailors they would like, "Thin and average build, good looking to extreme characters, British types, Spaniards, and other ethnicities, ages 18- into their 50s."

Times and locations listed below!

Oahu Casting Call

Saturday, April 24

9, 10 and 11 a.m. and 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.

Waikiki Community Center

310 Paoakalani Ave.

Honolulu, HI 96815

Kauai Casting Call

Sunday, April 25

10 and 11 a.m.; noon, and 2, 3, and 4 p.m.

Kauai War Memorial Convention Hall

4191 Hardy Street

Lihue, HI 96766

I know I wouldn't be able to. I'm with ye there, Rumba. Doubtful many 'll be able to attend this casting call.

:::but looks at Billie Gunner anyways:::

~Lady B

I agree Lady B......That's a purty spensive gamble to get a bit part....And if ye do get hired..Ye gotta get back to Hawaii for filming and find yerself shelter... When I worked on Last of the Mohicans, they only paid $75 a day, and that was if ye already had yer own uniform....Let me tell ye, North Carolina be a far step more affordable for shelter than Hawaii. I'd love ta go but it's, other than being able ta say ye was in the movie,a losin' propersition if ye just get hired as an extra..Drat.....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

The drive from Pasadena to Ojai is about an hour, maybe.

Just take the 210 north to the 123 exit, just past Magic Mountian in Valencia. Wonderful drive, you avoid all the heavy traffic on the 101 through the San Fernando Valley.

The 123 meets up with the 101 in Oxnard, go north on the 101 to the 133 exit for Ojai.

Turn left on Santa Ana (there's a Shell gas station there)then right when it dead ends and follow it around the lake, you'll see the place on your left.

BTW-Anyone else needing directions give me a holler!

I says screw the casting call, what I want's is the boob checkin' job! I feel I am eminently qualified as I was a Diesel Fitter for many years.

A Diesel Fitter is the man who works in a ladies under apparel factory. When the size models try on the prototypes of new bras, it was my job to OK them, by saying..........

Diesel Fitter !

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Now, silly me, I thought it might have something to do with the Nurse Diesel line of "foundation" undergarments. I always wondered about the word "foundation" in reference to such things...

I says screw the casting call, what I want's is the boob checkin' job! I feel I am eminently qualified as I was a Diesel Fitter for many years.

A Diesel Fitter is the man who works in a ladies under apparel factory. When the size models try on the prototypes of new bras, it was my job to OK them, by saying..........

Diesel Fitter !

Damn, thats sharp!

Trio Set To Ride "On Stranger Tides"

By Garth Franklin Sunday April 11th 2010 12:50PM sgraham_article.jpg?1271011834 Stephen Graham ("Public Enemies," "Damned United"), Sam Claflin (TV's "The Pillars of the Earth") and Max Irons ("Dorian Gray," "Being Julia") have all joined the cast of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" for Disney Pictures says Production Weekly.

Graham will play a pirate named Scram. Further details on that role or the roles of the other two are unknown.

The trio join a cast which includes the returning Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa. Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz also star as the infamous Blackbeard and his daughter respectively.

The Rob Marshall-directed film begins shooting this summer for release next May.