POTC 4 is at this time....

Iron Bess

...on hold. :D

Hopefully this will be a short wait but there are circumstances that must be fathomed before the project moves forward. B)

Keep a weather eye out mates.

May the squall pass on it’s way in jig time!

(I think it will….) B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

stolen from Dark Horizons

"Nemo" Canned, Marshall Helms "Pirates"

By Garth Franklin Tuesday November 17th 2009 05:12AM nautilus_article.jpg?1258462819 "Captain Nemo: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", Disney's latest adaptation of the Jules Verne classic, has been cancelled reports Variety.

The project, which aimed to begin shooting in February, has been indefinitely postponed and director McG has withdrawn from the project.

No cast was ever set despite rumors of Will Smith's1606_magglass.gif involvement, but the change of the studio's chairman from Dick Cook to Rich Ross has de-prioritised this and quite likely several other properties in development as so many Hollywood regime changes do.

For now the studio's priority on water-based films is the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean1606_magglass.gif" which aims to begin shooting in May. "Chicago" and "Memoirs of a Geisha" director Rob Marshall confirmed that he would be directing the film at a recent DGA screening of his upcoming musical "Nine".

So...you guys found Nemo again?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nemo or POTC4?

Sorry mate... since the title of this thread was about POTC 4 I thought it would be clear.

My bad. :ph34r:

POTC is back on. And... love him like he's my own but not sure Johnny is worth 35 million though...... :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Send Dory...she'll get him back for ya'.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I dunno...no offense to the other actors and all, but... I think they might be wise to start over if they're going toward the colonies in search of the Fountain of Youth. (Provided they are; you never know.) Otherwise, you might just have the sort of tedious re-tread that so many sequels become because they have to wedge all the old stuff and people we saw last time in for one more go around.

Mission_banner5.JPG

IF anyone is interested in taking a look at this petition to bring back Jack's crew to POTC4...seems only Mr. Gibbs is back...

POTC 4 PETITION

We've only just begun but we are determined to give it our best shot...and since Jack is our inspiration for not giving up the ship...and the guys deserve to be in the movie as well-they are as much as part of the movie as Jack and Barbossa, even tho their parts are smaller...thanks for reading(and if you sign thanks)

Edited:

While no one wants the boys back more then I do, this is perhaps not the best thing to do at this time.

Quiet, inside arguments are better, more effective and besides this is not for public knowledge as of yet.

Please consider the damage you might do instead of helping. :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

IF anyone is interested in taking a look at this petition to bring back Jack's crew to POTC4...seems only Mr. Gibbs is back...

POTC 4 PETITION

We've only just begun but we are determined to give it our best shot...and since Jack is our inspiration for not giving up the ship...and the guys deserve to be in the movie as well-they are as much as part of the movie as Jack and Barbossa, even tho their parts are smaller...thanks for reading(and if you sign thanks)

It ain't over til it's over.

And I am proding the writers on a daily basis. They may bring some of them back just to shut me up.

Ooooo.. I LIKE that concept! No wait.... maybe not.

Bessy

I be signin the petition......we pirates like to see our crew stay intack..

Fair Winds

Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

Well, be fair and unbiased and forward my comments too. :rolleyes: (How can they create something new if they have to spend a bunch of time accommodating all the old stuff?)

Mission_banner5.JPG

As much as I like the old crew I am happy to see that they are willing to move on to a new story with new characters. We have 3 movies with those guys. Lets add some fresh blood in the mix. Gibs is a must but other then that...I dont know.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I have to agree, the wonderful thing about the first movie is how we were introduced to new characters as well as a great story. And it could stand on it's own very well without 2 and 3. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed II and III allot but a chance at whole new characters widens the pirate world for us. If they have all the same characters we would just see the same antics all the time and half the movie would be a rehash.

I would miss cotton, Cottons parrot, Pintel, Ragetti, and all the other characters if it meant we could be introduced to a whole new crew of colorful characters.

Even with how much I really really like Barbosa I would not mind if there was a whole new interesting and well written villian character.

I would not miss Will and Elizabeth though, their story has been told.

Edited by Gibbet Jones

No Cage for the bones of Gibbet Jones.

• 1 month later...

Thor, Pirates 4, Let Get New Dates

By Garth Franklin Wednesday January 6th 2010 09:43PM thor_article.jpg?1262836008 With the troubled "Spider-Man 42_bing.gif" set to depart its original release date of May 5th 2011 for sometime later that season, the film schedule is already shuffling to compensate.

Box-Office Mojo reports that Marvel Studios'2_bing.gif "Thor" has moved from its May 20th 2011 date to May 5th to fill the hole left by Spidey.

Shortly after, Disney pushed its "Pirates of the Caribbean2_bing.gif: On Stranger Tides" sequel up and will now take over the old "Thor" pre-Memorial Day weekend slot on May 20th.

I have to agree, the wonderful thing about the first movie is how we were introduced to new characters as well as a great story. And it could stand on it's own very well without 2 and 3. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed II and III allot but a chance at whole new characters widens the pirate world for us. If they have all the same characters we would just see the same antics all the time and half the movie would be a rehash.

I would miss cotton, Cottons parrot, Pintel, Ragetti, and all the other characters if it meant we could be introduced to a whole new crew of colorful characters.

Even with how much I really really like Barbosa I would not mind if there was a whole new interesting and well written villian character.

I would not miss Will and Elizabeth though, their story has been told.

I pretty much agree with this. And how about a female arch-villain this time? Now, that would be fun! :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Nah, it's time t pick on those bloody Spaniards! IF they're headed to Florida, the villans need to be Spanish anyway. I hear Cheech and Chong are re-uniting, perhaps a spin on the Corsican Bros would fit nicely in there somewhere? "Dave's not here maaan!" :blink:

Bo

LOL She could be Spanish. They could be her henchman. The Spanish version of Pintel and Reggetti? :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Nah, it's time t pick on those bloody Spaniards! IF they're headed to Florida, the villans need to be Spanish anyway. I hear Cheech and Chong are re-uniting, perhaps a spin on the Corsican Bros would fit nicely in there somewhere? "Dave's not here maaan!" :ph34r:

Bo

I have this picture of Cheech and Chong in a boat made of marijuana and having a grand ol' time.

Something along this line: "Hey man look at that cool ship over there with the funky pirate flag".

"Ya man,(inhale/exhale)look at all those funny people dressed up".

"They look like they need some o' our booty."

"Ya, just give us yer medical marijuana cards man and you are good to go."

pirate_ship.gif

Honestly, I just hope they stick to the source material (Tim Powers' "On Stranger Tides") as closely as possible, taking into consideration their need to weave Sparrow et al. into it somehow. The book was great (bar the no-ending ending), and it could be just what the franchise needs to escape the poorly written drivvel of #3 (yes, I was one of the 5 people on earth who actually liked #2).

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow