It's SECRET SANTA time!!!

Rumba Rue

Dear Secret Santa,

I finally returned home last night after a long sail to the east and south that took me from Bonham, Texas, to San Augustine, Texas, to Beaumont, Texas, and back. What a delightful surprise to find, waiting on my doorstep, a package from YOU! Inside was a bottle of the most exquisite-tasting lemoncello that I have ever laid lips to! It will definitely be a part of my New Year's Eve celebration and the special friends that I plan on sharing it with! Also, while I haven't tasted it, yet, a packet of the most delicious smelling coffee my nostrils have ever had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with! Whomever you may be and wherever you call home, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from the center of my taste buds! This was the first year I've been involved with this wonderful tradition but I hope to be celebrating Christmas this way EVERY year from now on!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did receive my gift. It's right loverly - a green malachite and blue shell necklace. Such a work of art, I'm afraid t' wear it! :) Thank ye, piratical secret santa (whom I'm guessin' is Ransom. I could be mistaken though).

Haha, ah, dear Syren. And here ye were worried that Rumbe wouldn't fancy it. I told ye she'd flip over it. <_<

SOOOO lookin' forward t' doin' this next year.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

When shall the santas' reveil themselves?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Lady Barbossa glad ye liked the necklace.biggrin.gif

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I was Secret Santa for Syren.

The reason the mermaid drink stirrers came separately, is that I had wrapped up the other things and realized I had forgotten to include them in the box. Duh! So rather than rip open the sealed and address labeled box, I mailed them by themselves.

BTW, the key really is an old vintage key that I picked up in Coos Bay, OR. The drink stirrers I bought at the Pirate Antique Mall in Newport, Or. The English toffee is made here in Grants Pass, and the jam is also made in Oregon. I like to support local. Oh, and the necklace I made myself. ^_^

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well, THANK YOU Badger! I put a bit of 3F grain in the powder horn and took it to a friend's house for New Years in case he needed priming powder for his cannon. Unfortunately, he couldn't find the main charge powder, so it has not officially been used yet. Of course, I didn't think of bringing over my sea service pistol...

And Blackbeard, that (alleged-in case anyone here works for the postal service) limoncello is always a treat around here when I get around to making it. The coffee's roasted in Ketchikan and named after a beach in nearby Peril Strait. The story goes that in an apparent truce offering, a tribe of natives poisoned a large number of Russians with mussels in Poison Cove. When they found the bodies, the strong current in the area had washed them up on the beach now called Dead Man's Reach. I hope you enjoy it; it's been my favorite coffee since the first time I tried it.

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I think Iron Jon already figured out that I was his Secret Santa....

BTW: the pipe tobacco is my own cure,

what I sent you has been aging four years.

I haven't tried the pipe tobacco yet... I broke my clay pipe at PiP, and figured that I would save the tobacco until a Pyrate Gathering (or more special event) instead of just smoking it right now...

Of course that didn't slow me down from drinking a few hot buttered Rums..... That's a good batter... ^_^

I was the Secret Santa for Vintage Sailor - and I hope you enjoy the book and the "little extras", my friend! Poetry be good for the soul!

And, THANK YOU, Coastie! For whatever it was you sent me . . . which, of course, just makes you that much more of a PIRATE!

Blackbead

Yer welcome, Coastie. dry.gif I loved that powder horn, an' I've often found th' most satisfaction comes from givin' a gift I were attatched to meself. If'n I loved it, it must at least be cool on some level, non? rolleyes.gif Think o' me when th' guns roar, an' I will share yer fun! biggrin.gif