It's SECRET SANTA time!!!

Rumba Rue

wavarr.gif

Yup, it's that time again.

Things to remember:

1. There is no price limit

2. Be sure and get your gift to your person in a timely manner Every year we have 1 or 2 people who slack off and don't get their gifts in the mail until after Christmas and some have never received anything. This really isn't a good way to be a good pirate, so if you're in money straights, please don't sign up for this. wherestherum.gif

3. Names will be drawn randomly, if you have participated in the past, I may still have your address, if you have moved, give me your new one - PM me for that.

4. The cut off date for participating is November 25 (the day before Thanksgiving) in order for all who wish to participate to have time to get gifts and sent to the snail mail. I will PM you as to who you will be a Secret Santa for on the 28th of Nov.

Any further questions, feel free to ask. :lol:

Rumba Rue

8.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in again... let me know if you don't have my address

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Ransom & Chain Shot...both in! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oh, look! Here's something else I've never done!

Let's remedy that! Count me in! And, dear Rumba, I believe ye have me address!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Ummm... it's ultimately up to Rumba, but this is typically limited to folks who have been Pub members for a year or more or can be vouched for by someone who has been here awhile. (Nothing personal, but incidents have happened in past exchanges that led to this decision.)

RHJMap.jpg

I'm in, too, if'n ye'll have a lowly bilge-rat-errr-FEARSOME BADGER in yer gifty thing! rolleyes.gif

Yes we've had some problems in the past with people who just came onto the board, but I know you've been around for awhile, maybe not at the Pub...

Anyway I'm going to let it go and I need your address so please PM me.

Thank you,

Rumba

Ah, ye be right kind tae an old Badger. Unless they ship me off tae fiddlers green unexpected-like, I'll be around ferever where ye can gets yer hands on me at Escondido, Southern Faire, an' Ojai every year. If'n I fail, ye may have me whipstaffed or keelhauled at yer leisure. NOT that I would ever abuse the trust ye are showin' me, in any case. Fergive my greenasgrass bilge-rat iggerance, but how do I "PM" you? I left me address on yer profile comments, Rumba Rue, so I'm out there on th' mainyard, dancin' in the wind. blink.gifbiggrin.gif (shuffleshuffleTRIPfake..grin)

I missed the last few but I'm up for this again.

Count me in.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

To PM a person, click on their name above their avatar, and it will bring you to their personal page. You will see an area to the left under the picture that says, "send me an email", that's a PM.

Yes, I did forget to mention that this is open to Pub members who have been here at least one month or longer. Though I will make exceptions to the rule as with Badger.

(Man you owe me! LOL)

walktheplank.gif

Rumba

*Note: Badger just joined my pirate group "Pirates of Treasure Cove" at the Escondido Ren-faire.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, this is the short list of people, anyone else who has been here a while, feel free to join in.

1. Rumba Rue

2. Black Syren

3. Ransom

4. Chain Shot

5. Red-Handed Jill

6. Blackbead

7. Fayma Callahan

8. Vintage Sailor

9. Island Cutter

10. Quartermaster James

11. Pew

12. Badger

13. Iron Jon

14. Lady Cassandra Seahawk

orn_28_W.gif

I'm definitely in again. Unfortunately I missed last year, and have been kicking myself for slacking off. Also, I've got a new address that I'll PM you, Rhumba.

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Rumba thanks for hosting this event again. Might I inquire as to when we will be getting our exchange names/addresses?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I don't know if I wanna play this year or not.....

Two years ago, I made a hand sewn dittybag with a knotted lanyard......

I thought the whole idea was to make something.......

Wot I got was HUGE......more than I ever expected......I know that was not the intent, but it made me feel kinda cheap...... (hey (and you know who you are)... I still use the coffee cup and wear the tee-shirt.... but it was just soooo much....thank you...)

If I play again... I will make something... I like doing that...But when it says "spending..unlimited"...... woh....I have a problem with that.....

Patrick, there be no reason for any feel'n on that line. A hand made item is actually priceless cause tis one of a kind and ner another be like it. As well as the thought and effort that be put into it.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I'm sorry Patrick that I made you feel so bad, but I have to admit, I admire you so much I wanted to give you all sorts of goodies because of it. I didn't want you to think you didn't deserve it, because you did and I still feel you do! You are a wonderful person who has talents far beyond anything I can do and I respect you for it. So don't feel ashamed or embarrassed because I sent you so much.

It's the kind of person I am, I love to give especially when I have so much to give of myself to those who I feel deserve it.

So don't ever feel bad if you get lots of goodies from me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding Lady Cassandra's question, I will be drawing names after Thanksgiving and then you'll get a PM from me with who will the person you will be a Santa for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coastie, I still need your address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, the deadline to join in is Wednesday, Nov.25, the day before Thanksgiving.

03snow_1.gif

Patrick, I got the ditty bag. It was and is still awesome. I use it to carry all of my more period games. Cards, dice, bones, etc. I love it. And it made me a bit embarrassed for what I'd sent out that year.

Rumba, good luck running the show this year. I had a blast doing it last year, with nary a problem to be seen. :)

I don't know if I wanna play this year or not.....

Two years ago, I made a hand sewn dittybag with a knotted lanyard......

I thought the whole idea was to make something.......

Wot I got was HUGE......more than I ever expected......I know that was not the intent, but it made me feel kinda cheap...... (hey (and you know who you are)... I still use the coffee cup and wear the tee-shirt.... but it was just soooo much....thank you...)

If I play again... I will make something... I like doing that...But when it says "spending..unlimited"...... woh....I have a problem with that.....

Cheap!?! Far from it! You make so much of your own stuff (and for that I both admire and envy* you) that you may not be aware of the cost of hand made goods.

Patrick, I for one (but I do believe I speak for many when I say this) would be proud to have a Patrick Hand Original among my kit!

Now, if the idea of the game is to make something, folks might not be as happy with what I would have to send.

So each brings what strengths and talents the author of all that is good has granted them:

Some for makin', some for shoppin'.

So, are ye in?

*And I do mean envy in only the nicest of ways; your projects have more than once spurred me to improve my kit.