It's SECRET SANTA time!!!

Rumba Rue

I'd say anything girly goes on girly day at Ojai...

Girly Day?.....

Ok, I haven't been to the last two Ojai's...

But yer not auctioning off guys dressed as women again are you?

<OH yeah... no need to post any of those old photos.... ;) >

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say anything girly goes on girly day at Ojai...

Girly Day?.....

Ok, I haven't been to the last two Ojai's...

But yer not auctioning off guys dressed as women again are you?

<OH yeah... no need to post any of those old photos.... :( >

LOL Sorry, Patrick, no auctions...unless you want to volunteer? This year Jill, Iron Bess, and I decided that Saturday at Ojai is girly-girl day, and those of us ladies who usually dress as guys made girly garb. This ritual included tatter-tots and Chrispy Creme donuts...but we don't wear those, we eat them. :(

Oh and Jill, I LOVE my gift. Actually, it is quite a lovely piece, but when I opened the box, I burst out laughing. Great job!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hmm Ok could not resist..it sat so temptingly innocent under my tree! So i received these really cool drink stirrers that have mermaids atop them for my Plunder Me Cherries! A fruit spread dark chocolate toffee and a really cool necklace with an atique key. So does it could to me treasure chest or me heart? *Grins* Thank you Santa I love it!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Awww your welcome Rumba and im so sorry about Boats but if you have a wee bit of red you can add a stick to the O to make an A. And Im so glad you are liking it, also if you have a small cafe rod you can hang it from that as well. Wal Mart and Home Depot sell them pretty cheap. BUT im very glad you are enjoying it my partner did the background and I added everything to the background including your lagoon! I have to say the sea serpent and pirate ship are my faves. Now please post pics! lol

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Gots mine t'day...WHEEE! Cant resist.....Badgers arent made fer waitin'. biggrin.gif

THANKYE Santa! As those who know me know, I be infamous fer loadin' on JUST ONE MORE WEAPON, an' I always need more carryin' capacity! laugh.gif

Mine shoulda got thar by monday; it better hav, I paid enough t' th' minions o' th' gov'ment! Hope ye likes it, UP THAR IN TH" COLD WASTES! Hinthinthint! tongue.gif

Thankye fer lettin' me participate...seems like I been here years o' fun, 'stead o' just since october....O', wait, I have, just not on th' Pub! rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Dont know what I'd do wi'out my weekly Pub-fix, now!

MERRY CHRISTMAS T" YE ALL, AN" HAPPY NEW YEAR! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I received something almost 2 weeks ago. It's under the tree currently. Aye, I'm a patient Lady. Or at least I try to be. I don't know if it was from someone here or not.

My recipiant should have received theirs either yesterday or today.

Gots a card from RumbaRue the other day. Thank ye, lass. LOL... That almost looks like Magellan from time to time. LOL

Still waitin'... patiently.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I, for one, have no patience at all and can't stand waiting.

I opened mine up when it arrived yesterday and I was very happy to find a new knife with rope work handle inside. If I were to venture a guess I would have to say that it is probably a "Hand"-made item! I'll post a picture whenever I find my camera again.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

If I were to venture a guess I would have to say that it is probably a "Hand"-made item! I'll post a picture whenever I find my camera again.

If I had more time, I would have made a sheath for it also, but it took me longer to grind down the file for the blade than I thought it would.......

I will be opening the gift I got tonight.... and I'm still not shaking it to try to guess what it is.... ;)

*Grins* I think I know who my Santa was too! It had something to do with the box it was sent in lol!!! I stuffed mine all back in the boxes so I can re-open them tonight! ;)

Sorry I haven't been around here of late. But Aye, my package was sent...not sure if it arrived before tomorrow...but it was sent.

Got mine in the mail... and no didn't wait... got a goregous cookbook...AND IT answers the question most of us have asked....as it has a recipe for just about every type of ....dare I say it...

135 PAGES....of history of and the recipes of...

RUM CAKE...YUMMMMMM...

and so now we know ...licking my fingers....where all the rum has gone....

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Well my gift is sent out, unfortunatly due to weather conditions I was unable to finish it completly in time. I hope whoever gets it understands and takes the time to do a little paint/varnish/oil and screw some screws in. Any questions feel free to email me and merry christmas

Sir,

You humble me. Thank you for the exquisite gifts!

QMJ

um... um... I am a man of few words, and now I am speechless!

"Thank you" does not seem like a big enough phrase but it will have to do for now, as that is all I can come up with.

Thank you "Secret Santa" !

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

Thank you Santa, Sansanee has always loved poetry and when I told her it was a collection of poems her face was priceless.

Well my gift is sent out, unfortunatly due to weather conditions I was unable to finish it completly in time. I hope whoever gets it understands and takes the time to do a little paint/varnish/oil and screw some screws in. Any questions feel free to email me and merry christmas

Sir,

You humble me. Thank you for the exquisite gifts!

QMJ

The funny bit thats flat on the bottom is a powder measure that can havve the top cut off so that it measures the ammount you need to shoot, any questions on the other bits let me know

id.jpg

The funny bit thats flat on the bottom is a powder measure that can havve the top cut off so that it measures the ammount you need to shoot, any questions on the other bits let me know

I confess that had I been handed it alone and asked to guess it's purpose, I might not have got it right for a while.

But,in this case (no pun intended) the context makes its function readily clear.

So to brag on what Secret Santa sent me: I received a handsome handmade case containing a set of handmade shooting accouterments. In addition to the aforementioned powder measure, there is a vent pick/pan scraper, cleaning brush, knapping hammer, and a very striking turned wood wiping/loading stick complete with integrated turned wood jag. Each tool has its own fitted compartment within the case. There's even some steel wool with a dedicated home too!

I must also mention that the knapping hammer possesses that certain marvelous quality one finds in miniature tools. A quality born of the battle or marriage of the simultaneous realizations of function and cuteness.

But wait!

There's more!

As if such said bounty as enumerated above were not more than my wicked ways do merit; Aye!

And though the merit of said bounty was such that my material lusts were, if but for a moment, quelled;

my kind and mysterious benefactor also sent, as if lifted from the pyrate's own 12 Days of Christmas:

Two Brass Belaying Pins!

(Which were also handmade by Santa!)

Now I really pity the fool that tries to take a pin offa my ship! ;)

And all of this was wrapped up in some nice bits of cloth, which will find their way to further uses.

Thanks again Secret Santa!

I finally opened my Hazlenut English toffee covered in dark chocolate today..which for me is quite rare because English Toffee is my absolute favorite!!! Anyway it was simply divine! Thank you so very much Santa!!!

I actually waited until Christmas morning to open mine....

COOL....

I got a tin of tobacco and two cheroots....

Some homemade Hot buttered rum mix...

And a really nice jug filled with rum....

Thanks Secret Santa.....

Well I finally opened mine yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised to see a horn which was sealed on the inside for drinking, as well as a powder horn with some scrimshaw work. Very beautiful, and I can't wait to use it with my sea service pistol once it stops raining (maybe in May?). It's definitely a great addition to the pirate kit. Unfortunately, so far I have no idea who gave it to me. Still sleuthing it out, though. At any rate, THANK YOU!!!

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Oooo.... sounds like everyone received some fine, luverly gifts. :)

I'm hopin' mine 'll come t' morrow. If not, then it's been lost in the mail somewheres. Oh, well.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!