Billy Budd

Poopdeck Pappy

I got this through NF recently. I enjoyed it and thought some of the extras were decent. It was an interesting dilemma for the captain and, in a broader sense, a rather curious commentary on society. (I think I came away with a different view than the movie suggested.) But it makes you think...that's a good movie for ya'.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Interesting. Several of my students are reading this for their senior literary criticism paper. Bonus points for movie criticism . . . ;)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I have used this several times as a subject for American Literature class.... one of Herman Melville's most humanistic tales

It was a film I had the pleasure of seeing about 8-9 times as a lad on the Friday eve & Sat. Matinees cinemas at the fisherman's hall in our village

Edited by callenish gunner