Boozin' the Old Fashioned Way

Capn Bob

Fun article.

"Later, Calagione and McGovern re-created the dinner at the tomb site in Gordion, with locals dressed in period costumes taking part."

Drinking recreated alcoholic beverages while dressed in period attire. That's what I call an evening of fun.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Drinking recreated alcoholic beverages while dressed in period attire. That's what I call an evening of fun.

Period attire certainly allows for interesting drinking events.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Speaking of news from alcohol history, I heard on my classical radio station this morning that today (10/16) is the anniversary of the London Beer Flood. From wiki:

"The London Beer Flood occurred on October 16, 1814 in the London parish of St. Giles in the United Kingdom. At the Meux and Company Brewery on Tottenham Court Road, a huge vat containing over 135,000 imperial gallons (610,000 l) of beer ruptured, causing other vats in the same building to succumb in a domino effect. As a result, more than 323,000 imperial gallons (1,470,000 l) of beer burst out and gushed into the streets."

This is why I listen to classical music on the radio. :huh:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

The London Beer Flood

Not to be confused with the Boston Molasses Disaster!

Which would you prefer?

Mission_banner5.JPG

The London Beer Flood

Not to be confused with the Boston Molasses Disaster!

Which would you prefer?

For drinking, or dodging?!?!

:D Good point!

Although what about swimming in beer? (Not being a huge beer fan myself it doesn't have quite the same appeal as the phrase "swimming in single malt scotch" but you know...

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...