Surgeon's Journal for Columbus 2009

Mission

Ok, at long last, after several unrelated computer issues, I have finished the Surgeons Journal!

You can check it out here.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

hmmmmmm...

andrew loved it,

miles loved it,

alex loved it,

alex's stoat/ otter/ thing LOVED it,

silas loved it,

lady constance loved it........

grace said " you saw MY mission and i did not? what a ripoff, mom!"....{umm ...you owe her special attention when you see her}( we promised, yah , i know, we really cant speak for you, but yah, we spoke for uncle mission}

and really mission, you are soooooooo very good at this and have delighted us all again........

so that only leaves one question, do we truly understand your ascerbic wit and genius { which means we are of the same ilk} or...... you are just as low and humble and insane as we are.......

{ i would choose A.. that we are genius like you}

your the best uncle mission.......and next event, i shall bring the extra insulin to refill your pump so we dont get no namby pamby mission leaves early stuff... my job DOES have perks......he he he he he

As always Mission, your journals are a joy to read and help us relive the event in the best possible way and give fun insight to the parts some of us may have missed from enjoying other elements, and give a chance for those who wished they could be here and couldn't a chance to share in it!

Michael_banner.jpg

Yay! I was starting to think people were tired of these and weren't reading them. (Although this would actually be a mixed blessing.)

Everyone is a genius. As regards writing, I can only say that I have to write. I've always had to write. I've been doing it most of my life. This is just an extension of that. (However I must say that I despise editing and view that part of writing as a necessary evil.)

I was about to say, don't go trying to buy extra insulin for little ole me because the stuff I use costs $50 or $60 a bottle at retail (although the health insurance folks negotiate it down to a lot less than that which...well, that's a debate for another forum.), but then I read that you can get it free. Still, don't go out of your way on my account. And certainly don't violate any laws in the process... (Humalog. I take Humalog.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ok, at long last, after several unrelated computer issues, I have finished the Surgeons Journal!

Pretty good.

but (you knew this was coming), it is a full-size copy of Columbus's ship, not a scale copy as you say on the last page (which proves that I read the whole thing).

Mark

Nice, Mission....as usual, a pleasure to read. I give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

So next time you come to Ohio (which you will), I will make sure that you have your very own jar of nutmeg to make up for the sub-standard Ohio Panaeras.

And Becky put on her best dress for that wedding! She told me that she was hoping to meet a new beau, because E-Harmony and Match.com were just not producing the results she had hoped for.

And, Time Warner Cable calls their blazin hella fast internet- Road Runner. Just a little FYI for the Michiganer. ;)

Banner.jpg

Pretty good.

but (you knew this was coming), it is a full-size copy of Columbus's ship, not a scale copy as you say on the last page (which proves that I read the whole thing).

Mark

Really? I wonder where I got that idea? I could swear one of the guides said it was 2/3. I will most certainly fix that error.

Mission_banner5.JPG

And Becky put on her best dress for that wedding! She told me that she was hoping to meet a new beau, because E-Harmony and Match.com were just not producing the results she had hoped for.

And, Time Warner Cable calls their blazin hella fast internet- Road Runner. Just a little FYI for the Michiganer. ;)

Oh, yeah! I forgot the funny dress comment. (There's so much to remember when I'm writing these...which usually starts at least a week after the event because I do all the photos first. The photos guide the text when I haven't written it in advance.)

As for the Roadrunner, it's just one of those pop images I like to stick into these things because they're so out of place. Plus I'm a huge WB classic cartoon fan. (Although Roadrunner was such a one note character (and that note is: "Beep!") and the Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons got so watered down after Chuck Jones left that he's not a favorite character of mine. Now the coyote OTOH...)

"Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Wile E. Coyote, Genius. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college..."

"I..."

"...and so, let's get down to cases: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are and I'm a genius! While you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers."

"I'm sorry mac. The lady of the house ain't home and besides, we mailed you people a check last week."

"Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Pretty good.

Mark

Really? I wonder where I got that idea? I could swear one of the guides said it was 2/3. I will most certainly fix that error.

The Nina and Pinta were 2/3s the size of the Santa Maria. You probably heard that.

Mark

Mission--

you dont even want to know what and how much we end up throwing away!!--enough to dope to cure a small nation!

i LOVE my liscense....... so illegal anything, i dont think so!!!!!....

but i know drug reps, lots of drug reps..free samples, free lots of things....i shall see if can hook you up. golly that sounds cruddy...

i will just them i know this surgeon.....