Steampunk inspired Faerie-ish Costume

LadyBrower

All the steampunk/ Victorian stuff floating around is very inspiring. This costume is the lovechild of my obsession with faeries and my love of all things wacky. =)

It's all handmade, and completely out of my normal realm of linen, wool and historical stuff- it is made from bubble organza (which is 100% poly!) Its flirty and fun and I hope someone will enjoy it.

All three pieces, Bustle skirt, Shrug, and hairpiece for $30 plus $7 priority shipping. Sorry, the corset, spankies, boots and girl are not included. It is shown on a size 6 model, but it would fit anywhere from a 2-10 just fine I think.

The shrug creates little faerie wings in the back by tying it a particular way, but can be untied to wear as a scarf or plain shrug.

PICT0216.jpg

PICT0220.jpg

PICT0224.jpg

Close up on ruffling on the bustle

PICT0225.jpg

Faerie wing shrug

PICT0221.jpg

Hairpiece

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Looks qquiitee fairy like m'lady, well done! Though i must say iv never seen yee out of period clothes and i find it frightening.......lol (i mean that in the best of ways my dear)

Edited by René la Gaffe

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Looks qquiitee fairy like m'lady, well done! Though i must say iv never seen yee out of period clothes and i find it frightening.......lol (i mean that in the best of ways my dear)

I'm not sure if it's what you meant- but the girl in the picture is NOT me! lol!

Oh Silkie, I could make you a sassy thing too!=)

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

Thanks for your comments and I understand what you are saying.

It's just supposed to at least be the illusion of wings. They have the same shape and have some great movement (it looked so cute when she was prancing around the yard, I should have snapped a picture). It's also a plus that they are not the stiff kind that are very difficult to maneuver with at parties (trust me, I've been a faerie more times than I can count and the wings usually end up broken by the end of the night...) It also allows the shrug to become a super ruffly Victorian-esc scarf later on.

Besides, would a faerie really always have her (or his) wings always up and ready for flight? I would think that would get rather tiresome...

I think it's way cool.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

LOLOLOL well im glad im not quite so crazy...and your not so scary...yyyaaayyyyy.........i swear i was thinking, "wow she looks ENTIRELY different", and it turns out.....well you know lol <3

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........