Downrigging Weekend, October 30-Nov 1

Pew

dr09picsm.jpg

Downrigging Weekend, Chestertown Md.

The harbor and wharfs of Chestertown will be filled to capacity on the weekend of October 28- November 1, 2009 as ships from across the mid-Atlantic make their way up the Chester River to participate in the schooner Sultana’s ninth annual Downrigging Weekend. Established in 2001, Downrigging Weekend marks the close of the schooner Sultana’s sailing season and the beginning of “downrigging” for many of the region’s tall ships and traditional sailing vessels. The weekend will afford the public opportunities to view, board and sail on the assembled fleet and to join in celebrating the maritime heritage of the region. A fleet of “tall ships” and historic vessels are scheduled to participate in Downrigging Weekend 2008, including the KALMAR NYCKEL, PRIDE OF BALTIMORE II, schooner VIRGINIA, AMISTAD, A.J. MEERWALD, LADY MARYLAND, ELF and more!

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

sigh.. nice...wish I could make this one..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Sweet! Too bad it's so far away from me.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

i can actually be free that weekend........for bussiness...yyeessss ........i vote for this endeavor.....

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........