Marcus Hook Afteraction Report

Great little event which has tons of potential. Marcus Hook is part of the Riverfront Ramble with things going on all along the river, rather like a giant street festival.

The Devilmen and we were part of the new addition to the event, where Blackbeard's Crew and the Vigilant Crew(this being their third year I believe) were about 14 miles down river, we were in the town of Marcus Hook and we were very well received. The town was decked out with pirate banners etc..There was a lot going on from pony rides to tons of vendors, a stage set up with entertainment going on all day, a pirate feast, and more...

More to come as well as more photos...

P9197134.jpg Duke of Albany and York's

Maritime Regiment of Foot, circa 1680s

P9197136.jpgAugustine Herman (oh and Arthur wants to come out and play more so we need to keep him in the loop

P9197125.jpgThe Devilmen

P9197139.jpg

Crews firing during the black powder demo whilst Capt. Scurvy lectured...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

marcushook-ftedward011.jpg

marcushook-ftedward030.jpg

marcushook-ftedward018.jpg

P9186558.jpg

P9186592.jpg

marcushook-ftedward017.jpg

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Looks like a grand event! Sorry that I was not able to attend. Oh, I see Nicholas made and appearance,Captain. I best not tell Bess....you know how she feels about the boy. Who is the man standing next to Nicholas shooting?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Hey Cheeky, that is Gentleman Scotty. Unfortunately his beautiful bride Smilin' Kate was unable to attend but at least we got to spend the day with the good gentleman.

This really was a fun event. The Plankhouse Crew did a great job for their first year. I can't wait to see what they do with it for next year.

Thanks to the Plankhouse Crew and the town of Marcus Hook for being such gracious hosts and spoiling us rotten.

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Well trhat looks like it was quite fun, i wish i could have been there *sadness.....i still have to get used to Dutch looking clean.....its creepy.......

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

pffft- try it on my side. I'm afraid to touch anything wearing that! Kids with cool aid are a bigger threat than staggering drunks- NO SPILLS NO SPILLS!!!!!!! I'm much happier being grungy, boat buildin ole me!

Anyhow that was a grand event and the boys at the plank house know how to throw a todo. The midnight tour of the house was grand. Even though its a lot of speculation, its still awe inspiring to be in a house that was atleast around durring the time of the great one.

The best though was the fish bowl party. Seems there was a private birthday party at the restaurant next to our camp. Nancy thought it polite to wander over and give a heads up of cannon fire. They blew her off, so we blew them off again and again and again and once more, we found another can of powder. Later, thanks to a wall of light from the restaurant, we attended the birthday party about twenty feet away through a wall of glass. we were there havin a good ole time on the lawn for about ten minutes before anyone saw us out there. then they called the cops.........

edit** by the way, notice the 30 dorset buttons on the weskit. there are another 70 already made to put on the vents and flaps.

*bows in reverence.........You win good sir, i though my dorset crusade was remotely troubling but you put me to true sshhaammmeee.........god save us....we are mad men........Speaking of dirtyness, i jjuusst finished my first trousers and as they lay behind me, i am proud of some really ugly stains.....joy

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........