Production Sword Question

Quartermaster James

Any opinions on Cold Steel vs. Paul Chen/Hanwei production swords?

Specifically I am looking at Cold Steel's Scottish broadsword vs. Hanwei's.

I would say that depends on weather or not you plan to use your blade in battle or not?

If you are going to do stage work with either on you’re going to need to dull them deliberately due too both making blades for use.

Paul Chen/Hanwei mass production they have know issues for a few bad blades to slip on to the market that have broken into, but considering the number they produced its very low and the dealer who sold it would be able to replace it depending on if the dealer offers any warranty in the first year were cold steel only give you and 30 day return policy.

IMO I like cold steel but all in all it depends on what you plans for the blade bees. I love Lynn Thompson proof videos were he abuses and demo the strength of all his products. If you need a real blade for real life survival many professionals trust cold steel .I don’t have any of his swords except for the training swords and they don’t currently have a training cutlass so I made my own from his bokkens. But in farness I have owned a number of his knives that never failed me when I need them in the most adverse conditions. The only problem I have ever had with cold Steel in keeping them as I had a number stolen and lost a few over the years and have not owned our used Hanwei products that I am aware of but do know about a half dozen guys that use his blade s in renfairs demos and are very satisfied as well but I don’t participate in tournaments currently so don’t have personnel experience with ethers swords on the field as it were.