Looking for Artwork for Book

Blackbead

Greetings, pirate arteests one and all!

I'm currently putting together a second anthology of poetry, short stories, and artwork. This year's work will include both pirate-themed and scifi/fantasy-themed pieces. Last year's books has sold almost 200 copies and while we aren't getting rich it has been extremely rewarding, in so many other ways, to have my work in publication. For instance, Raising Black Flags, last year's book, will be featured at a book signing at the Texas Renaissance Faire's Pirate Adventure weekend! Four of the other poets and I will get to sit behind a table and sign autographs and sell copies of the book to that portion of the 50,000 people who want to stop and talk with us!

This is a joint venture. We all contribute work, I pay the initial costs (very slight), and then we split the profits. What I am looking for are black and white pieces (that keeps the selling cost of the book down) that will look good in a 8.5" x 11" format (I think that's what we're going to go with this time).

If you are interested in seeing your work in print, drop me a line and let's get parleying! THe book will be going out in time for Christmas (yes, if you get me something before the middle of October it can still be a part of this project!)

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I'm willing to send you a few drawings. BTW, were you able to use the fantasy story I sent you some time ago? Just curious. If you intend to include it, I could do illustrations for that as well.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

William - Excellent! and YES!

We are only going to have enough material for ONE book instead of the two that I had envisioned. Currently, I am proposing we call it "Echoes From Other Worlds" (a portion of a line from the poem "It May Be" by Ella Wheeler Wilcox [1855 - 1919])and will have two sections, something like "Tales from the Sea" and "Tales from Other Worlds", but the idea is that it will have a pirate-themed section and a scifi/fantasy-themed section.

Ransom - Your piece is currently featured in the second section of the draft and I think it will turn out to be one of the favorites in the book. I'd love to have some illustrations to accompany it and it would be perfect if they were done by you! Also, if you have some other pieces then send them along.

The artwork needs to be B&W and roughly 300 dpi. I can play with whatever anyone sends but if it came ot me ready to go it would be perfect.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Awesome! I'll get to work. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Aye mate, I' be interested in this little venture o' yor'n.

I'll send you a message.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

• 1 year later...

I do tons of pirate artwork, and i just wrote some pirate themed poetry, i definatly would like to get on on this. take a look at my gallery on deviantart, and tell me what you think. http://edward-smee.d...rt.com/gallery/ let me know if you plan on using any of my works.

Edited by Commodore Greyhound

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

Sorry Commodore, this book has already been published. Maybe next time? ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg