Santa Maria ITLAPD - Pics and Recap

michaelsbagley

Aw, I didn't even get to do it during the battle. Silas was the one who risked life and limb. (Twice!!!)

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I finally got my fixed, sorted and posted. You can see them here. All the climbing and water shots were taken by Kate/Jessica and all the shots of Trish and me firing the cannon were taken by Andrew Thatcher.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

the weekend was a blast !! the wedding party took priority to our plans, so on friday, we couldn't board the ship until the rehearsal was done about nine... the kids slept below while lady c and i slept on deck...

saturday's weather was great... two battles were planned along with pirates attacking in two boats instead of one like last time... the boarding party was a new addition and the actual boarding went smoother than thought... kinda cool, too !!

a little more pre planning with all those involved would be better... the tourist crowd was huge !!! don't know the actual numbers, but it was something like 300 or so...

saturday was interrupted by the actual wedding... so dinner was once again graciously provided by jennie and mark gist... the evening at the r bar was fun, but the lack of a kitchen left some of us wandering elsewhere for food...

sunday, it rained !! and put a damper on all :o

saw some familiar friendly faces and met a few new ones... everyone had a great time thanks to mark, jennie, michael and kate, and i know i am leaving out someone !! like smitty !!

and mission, keeping with his " i was pressed" defense, manned a swivel cannon during the battles and practiced boarding before the rain put a halt to battles...

No shite, there I was just minding my own business; when I was set upon by a merciless mob of assassin wenches....I fended them off the best i could but to no avail... they gave no quarter and forced me to ....well, you'll just have to witness it for yourselves

DSCN4026.jpg

Oh the humanity

Ah the never-ceasing bachelorette parties streaming through the bar. I was going to comment on that very thing in my Surgeon's Journal (if I can manage to fix my computer so I can work on it. :P ). Speaking of which, does anyone object to my using your photos? I like to have permission.

Oh boy. If i'd known piratin' was THIS much fun, I'd have tried this time period long ago. I still say pirate reenacting is the whiteys equivilent of natives in the 18th century, which is why i think i like it so much. And of course.....hell raising in downtown Columbus, boarding ships, firing off cannons, gambling at 02:00 while eating meat pies (food-gasm!), killing raping and pillaging, hanging out at the tavern (did all that really happen?) and of course......more killing. Oh, and don't forget "wench tech" on modern marvels. I'm officially hooked.

It was so nice to meet so many new people too, and find out that some of my old acquaintances do this time period also. I never thought I'd see Maj. Rieske and Thomas as Pyratesbiggrin.gif . I had a blast, the whole weekend was awesome, even the uppity stupid old buggers saturday evening, who normally would inspire ol blackfish to acts of real pillage, were entertaining.

Pillage on!

Sam

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya:

No shite, there I was just minding my own business; when I was set upon by a merciless mob of assassin wenches....I fended them off the best i could but to no avail... they gave no quarter and forced me to ....well, you'll just have to witness it for yourselves

Oh the humanity

Aye, what a terrible fate befell ya, mate. Musta taken all yer wherewithal to get out unscathed - or only slightly scathed.

what the heck, we all needs a little scathing from time to time.

Good to see ye survived. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

And of course.....hell raising in downtown Columbus, boarding ships, firing off cannons, gambling at 02:00 while eating meat pies (food-gasm!), killing raping and pillaging, hanging out at the tavern (did all that really happen?)

...Most of it happened. The meat pies were just a figment of your imagination. ;)

Banner.jpg

Oh the humanity

yeah, i witnessed the whole thing... really awful !! i was so shocked i couldn't even jump in and help... my mind was numb from the horrors unfolding before my very eyes...

all i could do was...... take a pic !!

Ah the never-ceasing bachelorette parties streaming through the bar. I was going to comment on that very thing in my Surgeon's Journal (if I can manage to fix my computer so I can work on it. ;) ). Speaking of which, does anyone object to my using your photos? I like to have permission.

unwritten rule :)

yah--one of these times we will go sans progeny.......and i will resist others progeny { ok-- doubt that will happen as they are sooo much fun!!}......

oh wait--- i WAS pirating....... i just "pirated" care of gorgeous baby hamish!

and the only reason he is not still with me is that he would have squealed too much had i carted him off to far from momma and dad..dagn his parents have already taught him well how to not get baby napped....... !

Edited by lady constance