Best Pirate Phrase Wins

bootstrap

Ahoy, Matey! it be September 19th and it be Talk Like a Pirate Day. Savvy! Go get yer fancy costume, feel yer blisterin’ stubble, take that tobacco pipe from yonder treasure chest, 'n start using pirate phrases.

The remaining post is in me blog but its enough to make a point here ;). I thought we could celebrate this day with sharing the best pirate phrases you can find. My personal favorite is Jack Sparrow's line from the 2nd POTC movie. He goes, 'making the pleasure of your carbuncle' when he meets Turner in the ship.

So let's see what we gather and may the best pirate win the honor of being the smoothest talker.

Okay...this one is from a certain Cap'n John Quelch, just afore he was due to dance the hempen jig..."They should take care how they brought Money into New England to be Hanged for it."

This is one very good reason why I have never visited any of the New England states, nor have any desire to do so.

My own pyrate phrase, coined my me, and one I long to use at our stick in mud director, is..."Scupper yer hide for a bilge-breathed, barnacle encrusted lubber!"

Damn, thats sharp!

I was on youtube viewing various things from Disney World - Florida and stumbled upon the "Pirates Tutorial" with Capt. Jack, and this one thing he says to the crowd that cracked me up.

A bunch of little kiddies where done with an excercise of piratey fighting with old Capt. Jack and then he was trying to disperse the kiddies. Then he says:

"Go along find yer families, and if you cannot find your family - find a better one!"

that had me laughing for awhile

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

When asked "where's your eye-patch and hook hand?" by the public,(it happens a lot), I simply reply; "My dear Lady/Sir, Just who do you think is responsible for all those disfigured pyrates..HMM? Would you care to see my collection of eyes and hands?"

Bo

That's good...can I use it?

When asked "where's your eye-patch and hook hand?" by the public,(it happens a lot), I simply reply; "My dear Lady/Sir, Just who do you think is responsible for all those disfigured pyrates..HMM? Would you care to see my collection of eyes and hands?"

Bo

Damn, thats sharp!

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite was made by Robert Shaw in, I believe,Cuthroat Island......."Gentleman, I'm not a Gentleman, I'm an Irish Man...."

I think that was Swashbuckler. Good movie in a bad movie sort of way.

I stand Corrected....Thankee Sir...Yes bad movie, but still an excellent line

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

• 1 year later...

Great restart to an old thread -

Geena Davis as Morgan in Cutthroat Island, as she touches off a gun to dispatch her Uncle Dawg... "Bad Dawg!"

Jas. Hook B)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

All my friends have a thing for pointing replica pistols at me, that's when I realized if I was to be able to use improv and get myself out of it, I would needed something to say.... this is what I came up with:

Come now, we're both Gentleman o' the Sea,

Surely we can parley some terms?

Got a whole bunch I wrote for other occassions too.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

If yea be worth yea salt yea know this verse

If sailor tales to sailor tunes,

Storm and adventure, heat and cold,

If schooners, islands, and maroons,

And buccaneers, and buried gold,

And all the old romance, retold

Exactly in the ancient way,

Can please, as me they pleased of old,

The wiser youngsters of today:

--So be it, har har and fall on!

I'm disinclined to to acquiesce to your request...

Aye, and now it's used EVERYWHERE! Just read a small blurb under a front page picture in the local newspaper of a guy walking his dog that he "acquiesced to her request"! LMAO!!! And people think me odd. I didn't quote Barbossa in a NEWSPAPER!!! LMAO!!

And amen, Bright! Amen- :: clears throat::: I mean... "Arrr-men". ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

You wouldnt happen to have a rind of cheese about ye, would ye?

or...

Many's the night I dreamed of cheese!!

Gotta love Poor Benn Gunn...

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

"They vilify us, the scoundrels do, when there is only this difference, they rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage."

Samuel Bellamy, (my rolemodel)

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice..."

Heston/Long John Silver - Treasure Island

Spirit, eh? Maybe. But man, beast, or spirit... I don't care if it's Beelzebub himself. I'M GONNA GET THAT LOOT!

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Answers to remarks or questions when I'm playing Capt Scurvy

"Are you drunk again?"

"Using the term again would imply that at some point I was sober."

"Do you have the time?"

Drops to the ground laying flat on my back. Looks up at the sun then down toward my waist

"I'd say about 1:30 give or take an inch."

"I thought all Pirates had Parrots"

"And I thought just because it has wings it would taste like chicken. Guess were both wrong."

Toasted...mostly...

But inquiring pyrats want to know...what cheese goes best with goat?

You wouldnt happen to have a rind of cheese about ye, would ye?

or...

Many's the night I dreamed of cheese!!

Gotta love Poor Benn Gunn...

Damn, thats sharp!