Number of links restrictions

Mission

Hey Paul! When you upgraded the system, I think the default allowance for number of links in a post got changed! Some of the index threads are not working properly - they only allow so many links before they just spew all the hard-wrought links out in a sort of alphabet puke. Please, please, please fix this!

Love,

Mission (who actually hates you too)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hey Paul! When you upgraded the system, I think the default allowance for number of links in a post got changed! Some of the index threads are not working properly - they only allow so many links before they just spew all the hard-wrought links out in a sort of alphabet puke. Please, please, please fix this!

Love,

Mission (who actually hates you too)

I'm just about to go over the admin settings (again) - one by one.

But feel free to send me a link to the where, so I know what you're talking about.

But feel free to send me a link to the where, so I know what you're talking about.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=15104

I haven't checked the other index threads. Most of them are pinned, although I think that one (the second post in particular) probably has the most links contained in it. It actually worked ok until I edited it, so the older threads may be grandfathered in until they get changed. (Trouble being, this is what index threads are for...)

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I haven't checked the other index threads. Most of them are pinned, although I think that one (the second post in particular) probably has the most links contained in it. It actually worked ok until I edited it, so the older threads may be grandfathered in until they get changed. (Trouble being, this is what index threads are for...)

I think it is only affecting new posts, as the old "Garb Index from Twill" (now found in the Sewing Room) is still looking like it is working..

See here

Michael_banner.jpg

I think it is only affecting new posts, as the old "Garb Index from Twill" (now found in the Sewing Room) is still looking like it is working..

See here

Thanks Michael! I think that's the problem, because everything seems to be in good working order. I've checked the links and nothing looks corrupt - they just don't seem to be pointing to existing threads anymore.

And that's probably the result of all the splitting, moving and merging we've been doing.

Unless you're saying that they were all working last night before the upgrade. . .

I still have some settings to go through and tables to rebuild. If that doesn't fix it, then someone will need to go back in and edit the thread.

I still have some settings to go through and tables to rebuild. If that doesn't fix it, then someone will need to go back in and edit the thread.

Don't know if you've gotten to this yet, but I went in and edited the above referenced thread and it is still not working.

I played around with it to see what would happen and it's pretty conclusive IMO. The thread allows me to have 53 active links (if I counted them correctly). For the heckuvit I removed a working link from the list. When I saved that change, the first previous-to-removal non-working link in the post turned active. So it appears to be limiting the number of links to the number I counted - again, if I counted them correctly.

I suspect I would find this to be the case with other posts, but I don't want to try and find out - I may trash them which seems counterproductive.

I also noticed that the auto-link icon didn't work for me like it usually does when I added a new link into the problem thread this morning.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Are you bumping this to remind yourself? It still doesn't work. In fact, every thread with more than 52 or so links stops working after the 52nd (or whatever) link in the thread.

Mission_banner5.JPG

It appears to be fixed! (Huzzah.)

Mission_banner5.JPG