Some good thoughts

RedJessi

Generally, I keep these things to myself, because - let's face it - is there any topic more unrelentingly BORING than one's health problems? Not really.

All the same, I am having some tests this week which sound rather like medieval torture (involving needles stuck in muscles and electrical currents. WTH? Am I trapped in the movie TAKEN!?) called an electromyogram and a set of nerve conduction studies and I made the mistake of looking at what they use these tests to diagnose and there are some pretty serious things on the list and I don't want anything to do with any of them. So, whatever good thoughts you can send, prayers, spells, animal sacrifices (but don't sacrifice Animal, he's a pretty keen guy), I would appreciate it.

Danke!

I'm trying to imagine a pickup-up truck full of puppies...I am reading about chaos theory, so that comes to mind.

You should have them take pictures. I want them to take pictures the next time they inject stuff into my eye. Will the end result of all this fix your lower back or just remove the pain?

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ha! Puppies and rainbows! Perfect! Now all we need are the sacrifices....

Mission, this is purely a diagnostic procedure, alas - to make sure the problem isn't far more serious than I want it to be. They want to do an MRI, but want to wait a few more months until the titanium I had implanted a few months back (in my jaw) isn't a risk factor. In the meantime, I will be back in physical therapy by the end of the month, and I have a script for lidocaine patches for the pain since I have refused to take painkillers until absolutely necessary.

I may take pictures though.....hehehe

All the best to ye...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:lol:

Aye, shall send th' good vibes an' prayers towards ye, Jessi. Let's hope th' Fates won't let ye take that route.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thanks for the good thoughts folks. The tests themselves are over. I have some bruises and a knot in one calf, but I'm still in one piece. It was uncomfortable but I got to listen to my muscles in stereo, which was interesting, They make a weird, fast paced "Whoosh-Whoosh-Whoosh!" sort of noise when flexed. heh

I'll get the results next week.

They did a computer visual of my heart reading during a stress test. That was cool. I don't recall any sound, but I'd like to think it sounds like a twin ion engine.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All my best to ye, Lass. I know what it's like to go through lots of poking and prodding

I had thyroid issues last year and they did everything from zapping me neck with gamma rays to sticking lots of needles in through my neck. Ultimately they removed the whole damn thing.

And oh yes, you know the scene in Iron Man where Tony wakes up in the cave and yanks the tube out of his nose?

*nods*

Yah, I know exactly what that feels like now

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

• 2 weeks later...

An update:

The test results came back in support of there being a problem with the nerves originating somewhere in my spine. I was supposed to have a thoracic and lumbar MRI this morning, but Aetna seems to think that one does not need to see the entire spine in order to diagnose a spinal issue and have thus put my clinicals "under review". Because they are agents of SATAN. Thus, no MRI for me today. They are supposed to come back with an answer by end of business today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the MRI approved. SUCK IT AETNA! I go next monday.

Great!

FWIW: I see crap like that all the time - oncologists reviewing orthopedic claims, performing IME/DMEs for soft tissue injures, etc. These are considerable income streams for some physicians, and we take them to task for it when on the stand.

So, how'd it go?